1942 mk 2 info

Fairwxsailor

Hi Everyone I have an intermittent problem with old radar with very low hours. Most times it fires up but on occasion the display will not open up. see attachment. its been doing this for about 2 yrs and Furuno told me no parts available but there is an outfit I think is in Miami that can help. Anyone have any info??IMG_2154radarscreen - Copy (2) - frame at 0m0s.jpg

Last edited:
Seatronics FL is known to work on units and conduct rebuilds. By the looks of it, it looks to be a very old CRT type radar that the capacitors have gotten old on the CRT deflection board.

Seatronics FL is know to work on units and conduct rebuilds. By the looks of it, it looks to be a very old CRT type radar that the capacitors have gotten old on the CRT deflection board.
Thanks Sparky Wire,
Two years ago I ad a conversation with a Tech and the opinion was this develops from non use. He mentioned a solution was to ship it on down to a guy in Fl. (Im on Long Island NY) Of course I was on the bridge and scribbling on a scrap of paper which probably ended up in Block Island Sound !
Thanks for Your reply, It seems like a good place to start. Maybe get this cleared up this Winter.

Back