ZT3 Transducer Parameter Customization

hiccup

Furuno Fan
OK, so I have a B260 already installed in the boat. It is an older Raymarine version--no XID.

Back in the day Airmar made B260's with different impedances for different manufacturers.

With the Garmin system you can manually set up the transducer characteristics so that you can, for instance, use a Raymarine version B260 with a Garmin sounder. You just go into an advanced menu and input the model, impedance, and power handling.

Can you do this with a TZT3?

You don't need to. The Furuno is more forgiving than most manufacturers whenever it comes to impedance matching. In case of the Raymarine B260, you only need to cut off the connector and wire on a Furuno 10 pin pigtail (AIR-033-333) and then use the 10 pin to 12 pin adaptor included with your TZT3 to connect the transducer. If the Raymarine is the type without connector and it isn't diplexed then you might need an Airmar matching box to diplex the the HF/LF. It is best to get the Airmar part number of the Mylar cable label and either call Furuno or Gemeco (Airmar) support to ensure you are taking the correct path.

OK...how does it know what type of transducer it is? i.e. 50/200khz dual frequency 1kw? I'm assuming there are settings for this on the TZT3?

Yes there are settings to pick the transducer type within the TZT3. Under the product page there is a very useful document showing what the possible transducer selections are. It is found under Interfacing and Installation. Here is a direct link for your convenience. https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... ducers.pdf
The Airmar B260 would be the one that says 526TID-HDD (B260).

Back