Wiring Tranducer VX2 / DFF1 / MB1100 questions

A

Anonymous

Hello, I am new to this forum and hoping someone could help. I recently installed a Furuno VX2 unit (RDP 149) the network sounder DFF1, the MB-1100 matching box to go along with the Furuno Xducer 526 TID-LTD/20. After getting all this installed, I'm not getting any signal to my display. I have heard conflicting information about needing the Matching Box MB-1100. To fix my problem, I have heard that I need to bypass the MB-1100 and pig tail the 10 pin connector from my transducer straight to the DFF1. I haven't tried that yet. I did hear that by doing this, I would only be getting 600w out of my transducer instead of 1000w. Does the MB-1100 boost the wattage from 600w to 1000w? Also, I would think that I should be getting some clicking out of my transducer out of the water, but I'm not hearing anything. This makes me think the wiring is not right. Attached is the wiring from the transducer to the MB-1100. That is the red wire in the top terminal.
mb1100.jpg

Also. I don't like how the temp wires have nothing to connect to. How do I get temp? My switches on the DFF1 are 1 and 4 are on, and 2 and 3 are off per the instructions. Please help me with any information. I have limited Furuno resources where I live in Hawaii. Thank you!

You should not be using the MB1100 for that transducer. It should be connected directly into the DFF1. You can set the DFF1 to output 1kW. You will also have temperature.

Thank you for such a fast response. I really appreciate that. Does Furuno sell a pig tail for that transducer wire? Also, with switches 1 and 4 on the DFF1, is that the proper 1KW setting? Once I get that re connected should I hear the transducer clicking when its on?

Heflin-
Why are you looking for a pig tail for the transducer. The transducer should have a 10-pin plug attached. If it doesn't then we are speaking about different transducers and you might require an MB1100.

Gabe,
As I mentioned on the phone, the 526TID-LTD/20 would have plugged directly into the DFF1. Below is the wiring and color code for your transducer. As you can see the transducer doesn't have a red or green wire so the big question is where do those wires go that are connected into the MB-1100. Did you try bypassing the MB-1100 like we talked about?

Snips

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 2,123
Back