Will DI-FFAMP improve the TZT3 1KW performance or just 2kw/3kw performance?

DaVapors

Will DI-FFAMP improve the TZT3 1KW performance or just it‘s 2kw/3kw performance? I’m hoping to squeeze some more juice outta my 165T-50/200-TM260 and B175M ducers.

The 165T-50/200-TM260 has 1kw B164 elements in that combo transducer. The B175M is a 1kw transducer. What transducer would you use with the Deep Impact box? You can't use either one of the ones mentioned without burning them out.

The 165T-50/200-TM260 has 1kw B164 elements in that combo transducer. The B175M is a 1kw transducer. What transducer would use use with the Deep Impact box? You can't use either one of the ones mentioned without burning them out.
I was thinking of the B175M as it supports true echo chirp as well. I saw that the deep impact was able to be paired with a 1-3kw truecho chirp (CM599LHW), but it sounds like the 1KW performance of that unit wouldn’t be improved, just it’s 2kw/3kw performanc.

thx for the quick reply on the silly question Johnny!

The Deep impact can only work with 2KW and 3KW transducers. You can not connect 1KW transducers to the DI box. 1KW transducers would connect directly to the MFD sounder. DI offer flexibility in fixed turning and CHIRP sweeps with more circuits so it definitely improves performance in other ways besides power. I can't recommend it for your setup.

Back