When does a TzTouch2 output NMEA TTM sentences?

I’m working on a FLIR M400 install. The FLIR, given NMEA 0183 TTM input sentence, can camera-track targets. Vessel has 4 TZTL15F units (2 helm, 2 flybridge) and full Furuno (dual 711C, DRS6ANXT, DFF1-UHD, FA50, SC70).

1. What action taken on the Tztouch2 UI causes TTM sentences to be output?

2. Can multiple radar/AIS targets be output as TTM sentences and what action makes that happen? The FLIR unit will look at and dwell on multiple targets given separate TTM sentences about each.

3. [multiple TzTouch2s] How can I ensure TTM output to the FLIR regardless of which of the 4 onboard TZTL15F units the helmsman uses (e.g. on the flybridge or main helm)? That is, if I connect the FLIR to the NMEA 0183 output of TZTL15F #1 of the 4 onboard, is that the only display that can specify TTM targets or how can I ensure it’s possible to use any of the 4 TZTL15F units to do so? E.g. is TTM-target data already shared across the network where it doesn’t matter which TZTL15F is NMEA wired to the FLIR and target-selection on display #2 will output it via 0183 from display #1? Or perhaps can TZTL15F units output NMEA2K PGN 128520 so all 4 could then collectively drive the FLIR through an IF-NMEA2K2 gateway?

TTM is based on ARPA targets that are activated. While I am pretty sure that FLIR can use our TTM message but there are a few things to keep in mind. The Furuno has very good integration with the FLIR so you can touch a tracking target (ARPA, AIS [no TTM]) and lock onto it. As the target moves on screen and so does the camera. You can also lock on to fixed objects like bridges or buoys and the NavNet takes care of the rest. As you move the camera will re-point to stay pointed at the fixed object you selected. If using TTM you must be careful because our system can track up to 100 targets and provides TTM for each. The camera can only look at one thing at once. I wouldn't get too hung up on TTM because you really wouldn't be using it per-say. If you have a JCU (which I recommend you do), you must ensure you do not use it unless the camera has been released from the target tracking. You can't fight the auto tracking and steer it manually at the same time. This is explained in our FLIR compatibility document. https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/sites ... bility.pdf

Thanks, Johnny. It sounds like I misunderstood the depth of integration, and it's actually more impressive than I thought. It sounds like the TzTouch2 units are computing the targeting and controlling the FLIR directly over the Ethernet the same way the JCU does, so no NMEA input to the FLIR required at all. And that makes sense why in that case it would "fight" with the JCU. That's fantastic and even better than I thought. I'll skip this NMEA wire and TTM stuff entirely in that case. Very helpful reply. Much appreciated.

Back