Waypoint problems

Divedog

IMG_1013 copy.JPGMy TZT2 has the most recent OS and software up date however I have been plagued problems overtime I update or change my waypoints.

first problem is when I am on the chart screen and want to move an existing waypoint after I edit and move it the original way point is still in the original spot so I am left with two identically named waypoints in two different places on the chart. If I delete the original one I am left with only the new waypoint but I have on occasion forgot to delete the original point and wen I return since they both are identical looking except their location on the chart I don't know which one is the new one. Also isn't the point of being able to move a waypoint to move it? not duplicate it.

Second problem is when I go to my points list on the TZT2 I seem to have triple duplicated points. How do I stop this from happening? When I updated software last update with the most current version 3.01 I lost all all the points I had saved but after I lost them on the software update I up loaded the saved points back into the TZT2 from a USB drive I back up my points with.

The issue is now I have triple duplicate of every single point i have created and if I need to move an existing point the original point I end up with two identical points in two different locations. You can see what I mean in the photo. I moved point 24 now there are two instead of just the moved one.

My first thought was to just delete all my points at once after I back them up to my flash drive and reload them back in but everything I have backed up will just reload the same triple and double duplicate points. See photo

There is obviously an issue where the TZT2 is not able to move a point and is keeping the original point as well as the moved point. I also think that the TZT does not recognize duplicate waypoints when loading them from an external source like a flash drive it just saves everything even if it has the same exact name.

Is Furuno aware of this problem and if so will it be addressed in an up coming update?

Attachments

• IMG_1014 copy.JPG
    IMG_1014 copy.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,905
Yes, after some reports we are aware of a waypoint duplication issue that is associated with when customers bring in waypoints via the CSV file format. Since this unit allows merging of waypoints, it is possible to get two waypoints with the same name and same location. They will be stacked on top of each other, yet you will only see one. If you delete or move that top waypoint, the underlying copy will still show. Until we get a software change, it is best to totally avoid using the CSV file format with the TZT2.

Ok Johnny Thanks for the update. I use GPXNAVX on occasion at home and probably added some points using .CSV files I created on NAVX and imported. I will try using .GPX instead.

It still doesn't explain the duplication of points when editing directly on the TZT2 itself and physically moving the point on the chart. Hopefully the next update will take care of that as well.

I see what your talking about when you say they stack up on each other. I noticed that the triplicated points description on the chart was much darker than the other non duplicated/triplicated points so I tried to move the overlayed top point and sure enough I was able to separate all three.

I have lots of important points saved because I do some commercial cucumber diving so Im gonna try importing all my points into my home computers NAVX software via .GPX file and edit out all the duplicate and triplicated points then delete all my points on the TZT2 so I have a clean slate to load the points I edited back onto the TZT2 using .GPX file. If I understand you correctly this should work as long as I don't import using .CSV files right?

John what should we do delete the first one? This happened to me and its a real problem for such an expensive system. I now have to delete some 400 points. Totally frustrating and a huge waste of time.

Just got back from the boat and wanted to update this issue. When I first posted I thought I had the latest software up date but after I posted decided to verify and sure enough I had not updated to 3.01. Today after updating to 3.01 and doing a reset as well I tried moving a few waypoints using the new teardrop pop up, very cool by the way, and now it looks like the issue with moving waypoints duplicating themselves is has been resolved and fixed with 3.01 update.

As far as the the points duplicating and saving themselves on top of themselves when I import previously saved points into the system I don't know as I am kinda afraid to try after deleting 2 of the three 78 identical points from my point list.

To the best of my knowledge 3.01 still has an issue with importing CSV file formats so be careful. I am glad you like the new update.

Johnny,

Do we delete the top point in the points list?

Will this erase the icon?

When is a fix expected to correct the double points issue?

Thank you

Unfortunately, I have found removing the duplicates wont fix the problem. It appears to create some ghost routes that can't be deleted. It is best to backup your point and factory reset the unit. It appears the CSV and maybe GPX are an issue so we recommend that points be imported in TZD data format. If you have a data set you need moved into TZD, our tech support can help you.

Back