VX2 sounder "frozen"

A

Anonymous

went out fishing on Saturday and the unit was working fine. I have a vx2 and recently updated the software to the most current version. when in any screen that has the sounder there is no reading (visual meaning picking up bottom or depth). I can not change any of the settings like from manual to cruising to fishing to A scope or anything..i have checked the bottom of the transducer for growth and it is clean. what I do notice is that my last go to waypoint is still running and even after shutting down the machine it doesn't clear. I did not however try and change to a different waypoint.

it almost seem like the machine is "locked" from making any changes.. I can go to all the different screen functions like radar, sounder, plotter etc...

any direction would be greatly appreciated...

You can try clearing the unit after backing up all your waypoints, routes, settings, etc to a 2GB or smaller SD card. After backing up the information, turn the system off. Press and hold the Alarm button and turn the display on; keep holding Alarm until the picture of the boat appears, then let go. If it worked, a language selection screen should appear. Choose English then shut down the system by holding the power/brill button. Then, to clear another area of memory, press and hold the Clear button and turn the display on; keep holding Clear until the picture of the boat appears, then let go. If it worked, a language selection screen should appear. Choose English, then no to simulation mode and then exit. Once exited, import your waypoints, routes, settings, etc. and see if that works.

If that doesn't work, check to see if your sounder module has a green blinking light after 3 minutes or a light at all for that matter. If no light, then the system is not getting power. If there is a blinking light after 3 minutes, then there is communication between the sounder and NN. The clear procedure may fix that problem because there may be some "junk" in the memory based on the active waypoint problem you mentioned. If the light is solid green after 3 minutes, then there is no communication between the sounder and NN. This could mean either the network cable is bad or the hub/switch is bad.

Back