Use FP-Card Reader for 1850 memory card

J

JOHN2850

Our old 1850 died. We have memory card (old style paper clip card) and a C-MAP NT+ USB FP-Card reader. Rec’d a download program from Jepsen that will hopefully allow me to pull my numbers from the memory card.
Jepsen rep told me it won’t work that well with Mac desktop, so going to buy a laptop to try and get my numbers from the old card. Somewhere I read that it has to be a certain “bit” computer in order to work with the card reader. Looking for input before I buy a laptop.
I am technology challenged, but going to try and see if I can be successful with this project.
Any input appreciated. Thanks.

First off is the chip you are talking about getting the data from a dedicated memory chip (not a map chip)? The Map chips are Read Only and you will be wasting your time if you think you can pull points from one of those. If you have a dedicated memory chip which you have been saving data with, then you can use the old C-map "PC-Planner" software to pull the data. I believe you will need a PC that is Windows 98. If i recall correctly, Windows XP would not work. Another option would be to talk with your Furuno dealer. Many have NN1 series that use the same memory card. They could put the card into a NN1 wired by Network to a Vx2. Import the points into the NN1, then transfer them over the network to the VX2 which could then save them onto an SD card. At that point, you could import them into a TZT2 (using its built in utility) or use a program like "SeaMarks" to convert it to about any format you wish.

Back