Upgrading older furuno chartplotter

JPMarine

Hey all.

Earlier this year I recently purchased a Furuno FCV 628, and it is a great little unit.I would like to interface this with my chart plotter, with the 'mark' function. Would I need an adapter like markfish for this to work?

My current chart plotter is a Furuno GP-1650WF. I am looking into the Furuno GP1971F or similar as a replacement unit

I would like to run two displays which are linked together, the Furuno FCV 628 and a chart plotter. My current unit (GP-1650WF), has a steering display (bearing,range and a compass, XTE,ETA) similar to a furuno GP33, just wondering if the newer models have this? From looking at themanual of the GP1971F, I could only see highway mode and the 2D down view with the intercept line, which I find frustrating as it difficult to use to get exactly on spot x.

Regards,

Josh

My current unit (GP-1650WF), has a steering display (bearing,range and a compass, XTE,ETA) similar to a furuno GP33, just wondering if the newer models have this?
Yes, newer units like the GP1971F have similar screens and information. If you have looked at the manual already you don't see data box items you need then I would be surprised. The GP1971F has ability to show cross track lines ect..

Earlier this year I recently purchased a Furuno FCV 628, and it is a great little unit.I would like to interface this with my chart plotter, with the 'mark' function. Would I need an adapter like markfish for this to work?

Yes, it will work with your older unit The FCV628 has 0183 output that can be wired up to the GP1650 input to accept the TLL (target lat/lon) provided by the FCV628 when the mark button is hit. (FCV628 should be receiving GPS data so it can have needed information for Lat/lon for the location being marked) The GP1971F would work the same way unless you wanted to bring it into the unit via 2000 then the IF-NMEA2k2 could be used.

Back