Update Autopilot to Furuno

PacificS

I have an inboard powered boat. It has a 2005-vintage Raymarine autopilot I would like to upgrade to Furuno. Looking online I could not find the current output ratings for the Furuno processors.
My existing pump is AccuSteer HRP75-12 pump. The specification for that pump shows it has a "Full Load Amperage (average)" of 12A. Not sure what a full load average is. What are the output rating for the FAP3012 and FAP7002 processor/computers.
The 711C autopilot system appears to have been around since 2010. How much longer will it be supported by Furuno.
My existing system uses a Ray M81105 rudder sensor. Can it be re-used for the Furuno?
Thanks

That pump can NOT work with the Navpilot 300 system designed for Outboard center consoles. The pump can work with the Navpilot 700 series. We know of no discontinue date on the Navpilot 700 series. The older 700/711/and 720 models were replaced with the newer Navpilot 711C color unit. Yes the Raymarine RRU would work with the NP711c, but the better Furuno RRU (FAP6112) comes with the pilot if you end up needing it.

Back