tztouch2 map

dalecote

i bought a boat that has a tztouch2, the map of west coast mexico was terrible, i am in cabo san lucas i purchased the unlock code for fishna024v1.1, went to the charts menu put in the unlock code, the lock icon unlocked but map has not changed. so i downloaded the chart on a usb stick installed on the tztouch and no change. do i need to select this map somehow?
thank you for your help

Furuno USA customer units would come with a micro SD card preloaded with all the free USA maps and some others. (Other countries don't get this card normally) Being that Mexico is not in the USA area charted by NOAA, no mapping for Mexico will show up except the base chart which will look like you described (terrible). This is because you basically have no map available. To get a map you would purchase a licence from your dealer. If the TZT2 unit is new enough, it should already have the chart pre-loaded (just locked) on the included chart card. If the unit/card is older, you might want to download the map and update the chip prior to unlocking it to ensure you have the newest map for which you are paying. With all that said, the map you purchased is just fishing bathy from C-map. It has no navigation data. If that is what you intended to buy, you just unlock the chart and swipe up from the bottom of the chart screen and select "FISHING" as your chart selection option. ("Auto" selection doesn't work for fishing it only works for the navigational chart options) With the C-map bathy you need to range down closer sometimes but the bathy lines will be in BLUE. If it had been me, I would have purchased the Navigational C-map chart for that area (which comes with the fishing chart free) so I had a navigational map also.

ok thanks, got the map up but when i split the screen the map goes away. also is there any way to see what transducer i have? it does not self i.d. there is no tag and i loose bottom in about 700ft in auto.
i plan to move the transducer because it does not perform well in rough seas. it is located on the starboard side of the transmission 36 riviera twin engine. i may buy a new transducer at that time
thanks for your help
dale

When splitting the screen, the chart plotter settings can be independant by each window. So it is possible to have the fishing screen up on one side and the NOAA raster on the other for example. So when you split your screen, go to the chartplotter screen to activate the window, then swipe up and select FISHING and do the same actions as before by zooming down to see the chart bathy information.

Older Airmar and Furuno transducer won't have a TID chip in the transducer. You might find the model number on your old purchase paperwork or boat survey. Without a tag or other information, we can normally make some educated guesses if you post photos of it.

Back