TzTouch2 / DFF1 UHD / Transducer

discoveryplus

Hello,

There was a bit of confusion on which transducer to get for TzTouch2 / DFF1 UHD and we ended up with Airmar B175L and B175H which I believe are not supported by my setup for CHIRP.

Here is what Airmar wrote:
One last question is the B 175L and B175H usable for chirp technology? The directions say if you have to use manual mode as not listed ( no TDID), then I can’t use the Chirp technology? Please confirm. Thanks so much! Bill PER FURUNO SET UP: The Manual mode for the sounder setup is only used for non-CHIRP Transducers. This mode will allow a specific frequency for both the High and Low frequencies to be selected. FROM AIRMAR TECH SERVICE A DFF1-UHD is required for two transducers to be installed. Attached is a document that will walk you through some of the setup but it has a bit of age attached. Also, you will need to substitute the B175 pair as it is not listed in this write. For more current information it will be best to direct this enquiry to Furuno directly.

My question is, which transducer should we get instead. Furuno website says B275LHW for thru hull here: https://furunousa.com/en/products/dff1-uhd. We have a 30 foot Grady White Express.

Thanks.

Discoveryplus,
Under the Technical Info-Interfacing & Installation section for the DFF1-UHD (on the website) describes using the 175L/H transducers with the UHD module. Please note that the UHD was built around the 265 series transducers so when connected to the 175's may affect the accuracy of both the ACCU-FISH and Bottom Discrimination modes.

Snips

Discoveryplus,
It really depends on what you are asking of the UHD. If you are interested in accurate ACCU-FISH and Bottom Discrimination information you will need to use either a B-265 or CM-265.
If you are more interested looking at fish targets I would consider looking at the 275 series.

Snips

Thanks a lot Snips. Just one more question. The B175L is basically useless with our current setup. It often won't find the bottom and when it does there is a ton of white space between readings. The B175H is okay but I feel like the transom mounted ducer we had 10 years ago did a better job. We removed the orange wire on the DFF1 UHD. I know this is a vague post but does it seem like there is some setup issue or is the B175H/L and DFF1 UHD / TzTouch2 not a good combination? I could grab some screenshots this weekend if that would help.

Discoveryplus,
Sounds like turbulence to me.
At the dock is the bottom solid on both frequencies and when the vessels speed increases do you start seeing gaps in the low frequency return?

Snips

Back