TZTouch 3 Not Responding

jason808

Hi,
I have a TZ Touch 3 12” MFD connected to a B175M, navpilot 300, scx20, and dff3d. The system is awesome and the fish cant hide:)

I am running into a problem, where after the tzt12f is on for several hours, it doesnt work.
The touchscreen does not act right and some parts are non-responsive. One particular problem is when I am at the home screen and select a layout to go to, it doesnt matter what I click on, it will pick one and not change. The only way to get to the one I need, is by shutting the unit off and turning it back on.
Pleas help, what could be causing this?

Hello

My TZT12F does the same thing after a few hours. Similar setup to you.

no Nav Pilot but I do have a drs4dnxt.

I believe but cannot confirm there is a memory leak in the v2 software. I have to restart it about every five hours or so.

It reminds me of my old android phone that had the same issue.

I make sure I am restarting before i do a major navigation because it will lose position and all of that when it reboots.

I wanted to try and eliminate simple problems first.
How would I tell if the unit is overheating? I have it flush mounted but the rear is open.

Are there any other simple things I can check for?
The power should be good, It happens while I am trolling, and the voltage reads about 13.8VDC.

Thanks!

I believe there is a way to check the operating temperature and fan operation through the service manager menu. If you do a search, you can find posts with the procedure for getting access to the service manager.

However, you might try that old standby of backing up your data and settings and doing a full "hard" factory reset and reinstalling a newly downloaded version of the unit software following the update procedure.

Quitsa is correct overheating could be a problem and the fan speed can be checked in the service menu. You should ensure you are running the newest software 2.05 because there was a false fan speed alarm exiting the wizard whenever running the 2.04 software. If the unit doesn't power down or reboot, then it isn't the usual suspects of bad NMEA 2000 or power. It sounds like something involving the CPU and most likely would need to be evaluated at the service center.

Aloha Johnny,
I am still having the overheating and freezing problem. I did the update also.
I rewired the electronics to a lithium phosphate battery within a couple feet of the unit. The voltage is stable and there is minimal voltage drop.
I have also wired up a fan to blow air into the back of the flush mount cavity and there are two big holes for air circulation.

The unit starts getting hot after about two hours and will then become non-responsive and I have to shut it off for a bit.

I have a navpilot300, dff3d, and drs12ax radar.

On a separate note, the radar is phenomenal and i pick up birds on a 21ft boat 6 miles out no problem. It has been responsible for several successful trips.

Thanks!
Jason

TZT3 16 if left on for hours starts acting up too. Two finger taps stop working, other things like this, generally buggy behavior. Just seems to be part of the 'charm'. I can't say too much or they'll delete my comment.

Back