Tztouc3 V3.5

Just received word from the parent company. If all goes as planned, the wi-fi update for TZT3 and TZT2BB will be available on 24 Oct. There is a snag for the folks with older software. The wi-fi update will only work for those with v3.01(TZT3) and v9.01(TZT2BB). Any older versions will need to update by USB. It won't be possible for the older versions to conduct the wi-fi update. Also note that when upgrading v3.01 to v3.5 (or v9.01 to v9.5) the update will upgrade all MFDs on the network which are running. This will happen if using Wi-Fi or USB. So it is very important to follow the instructions to only upgrade at port. The positive is if you have three TZT3 units and can only access the USB port on one of them; that one unit will upgrade all three MFDs as long as they are at v3.01 (or v9.01 for doing TZT2BBs). (older versions will still need to access each MFD) So, hopefully everything goes as planned and the wi-fi will be active on 24 Oct.

Johnny Electron":1bd00cts said:
The positive is if you have three TZT3 units and can only access the USB port on one of them; that one unit will upgrade all three MFDs as long as they are at v3.01 (or v9.01 for doing TZT2BBs). (older versions will still need to access each MFD) So, hopefully everything goes as planned and the wi-fi will be active on 24 Oct.
Johnny, this is huge. What is the process do this upgrade? The directions coming off the website are still the old ones stating to do a single display at a time.

Now I see this new option to update all the units at once! But I just made two USB stocks and did both units at the same time after unplugging them from the ethernet switch. Update seems to have gone smoothly though it is as described more incremental than earthshaking.

For me fishing here in the tributaries feeding the Chesapeake, the biggest part of this update is huge. The ability to follow a PBG contour line so I don't have to keep pulling my baits up and down to keep them where I want them is money. Also, the increased track memory probably brings these displays up to the level of their competitor's track lines.

gtstang462002":2rkf82p5 said:
Johnny Electron":2rkf82p5 said:
The positive is if you have three TZT3 units and can only access the USB port on one of them; that one unit will upgrade all three MFDs as long as they are at v3.01 (or v9.01 for doing TZT2BBs). (older versions will still need to access each MFD) So, hopefully everything goes as planned and the wi-fi will be active on 24 Oct.
Johnny, this is huge. What is the process do this upgrade? The directions coming off the website are still the old ones stating to do a single display at a time.

Ok, I have figured it out. Or rather what I did seemed to work. Start all displays EXCEPT for the one that you CAN access the USB port on along with your ethernet network. Then turn that display on and watch the magic happen. Remove the USB drive when prompted to on the machine that has it, and the rest will continue to update.

Back