TZTL15F problems after 8.01 update

Boom23

Hello all,

I have two TZTL15F and a NavPilot 711C, factory installed. They were working fine together before the update to 8.01 firmware and latest software.

I now have the following problems:

1. NavPilot says "No Nav data" when I select Go To any waypoint or route on the Master TZTL15F. This problem does not happen with the slave TZTL15F.

2. Master and Slave TZTL15Fs do not seem to synchronize.

3. They do not connect to the cloud, and the Login option is greyed out.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

When you factory clear a TZ2 it sets all PGN output toggles to "off."

Boom23":31lly138 said:
1. NavPilot says "No Nav data" when I select Go To any waypoint or route on the Master TZTL15F. This problem does not happen with the slave TZTL15F.

Go to HOME > SETTINGS > INITIAL SETUP > NMEA2000 PGN Output and turn on PGNs 129283, 129284, 129285.

Verify they're seeing each other on the network by going to HOME > SETTINGS > INITIAL SETUP > Sensor List. Also check to make sure they both do not have the same IP Address, if so modify the one. Additionally, validate that both TZ2s have the same 8.01 software. Next, go back to Initial Setup go to the synchronization log and force a sync.

Go to HOME > SETTINGS > GENERAL and change "connect to the internet" to "When necessary" than connect to the wifi access point.

Thank you in advance.

np

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Magnetron":2rkqw2q8 said:
When you factory clear a TZ2 it sets all PGN output toggles to "off."

Boom23":2rkqw2q8 said:

Go to HOME > SETTINGS > INITIAL SETUP > NMEA2000 PGN Output and turn on PGNs 129283, 129284, 129285.

I did not factory clear the TZTL15Fs. I just did the update of firmware and software.
All 3 PGNs were ON on the master and slave. The remaining were OFF. So, no change with the "No NAV data" problem with the master and NavPilot.

Verify they're seeing each other on the network by going to HOME > SETTINGS > INITIAL SETUP > Sensor List. Also check to make sure they both do not have the same IP Address, if so modify the one. Additionally, validate that both TZ2s have the same 8.01 software. Next, go back to Initial Setup go to the synchronization log and force a sync.

The TZTL15Fs see each other, and have different addresses (172.31.252.1 master, 172.31.252.2 slave). No duplicate addresses that I can see.
The sync log shows repeating error: Cannot establish TCP connection with 172.31.252.1 (check firewall).

Go to HOME > SETTINGS > GENERAL and change "connect to the internet" to "When necessary" than connect to the wifi access point.

This worked! I'm now connected to the Cloud.

Boom23":jgapqimy said:
I did not factory clear the TZTL15Fs. I just did the update of firmware and software.

It is always recommended after upgrading the TZT2s to the latest software to perform the factory default master reset using the SERVICE tool under Initial Setup, as well as do the Factory Clear on the fish finder. This still should be performed.

The TZTL15Fs see each other, and have different addresses (172.31.252.1 master, 172.31.252.2 slave). No duplicate addresses that I can see.
The sync log shows repeating error: Cannot establish TCP connection with 172.31.252.1 (check firewall).

Are you using a router, or an unmanaged switch on this boat? In addition, are you using regular store bought ethernet cables or shielded cat5e with metal shielded RJ45 connectors? Have you tried just bypassing everything and running an ethernet cable between the two plotters direct?

This worked! I'm now connected to the Cloud.

Most excellent!

I highly recommend the first step which is finishing the v.8.01 upgrade by performing the factory clears. By keeping old defaults from prior versions in the plotter and not blowing them out, you're asking to get "gremlins."

- Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Thank you for the reply.

The installation was done by the AMEL factory using appropriate material and Furuno parts. 70+ more boats like mine do not have this problem. Also, I did not have these problems before the 8.01 update.

How do I do a factory reset of the TZTL15Fs and the fish finder? How can I keep my data and settings?

Magnetron":38l55w3h said:
Boom23":38l55w3h said:
How do I do a factory reset of the TZTL15Fs and the fish finder? How can I keep my data and settings?

To access both factory reset settings, the procedure is laid out step-by-step in pages 11 & 12 of this upgrade document:

Ref.: https://furunousa.com/-/media/sites/fur ... edures.pdf

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Thank you.

I will perform factory reset on both TZTL15Fs and fish finder. After the factory reset and restoring my data, is there anything else I'll need to do to get everything operational again with the newest firmware/software versions?

In other words, will I need to reconfigure things, or re-install the updates?

You should check over your basic settings and user preference settings but no updates would need to be re-installed.

Johnny Electron":4mkp2hbu said:
You should check over your basic settings and user preference settings but no updates would need to be re-installed.

I performed backup of user objects, tracks, and settings. I performed TZTL15F (both) and Fish Finder (both TZTL15F internal) factory reset. I restarted both units and restored the backed up data.

I am getting a red "Heading Lost" message blinking at top of the screen...
I haven't had this problem before 8.01 update, and I have not touched the hardware.

I selected the PG-700 as the heading source and the error went away. It seems that Saving and Restoring the settings does not save and restore all serrings.

I still get "No NAV Data" from the 711C NavPilot when I select GoTo & use NavPilot on the Master TZTL15F. This error does not occur on the slave TZTL15F, as before. I was not getting this error before the update.

The sync log on the Slave TZRL15F still shows the repeating error: Cannot establish TCP connection with 172.31.252.2 (check firewall). That's the Master TZTL15F current address.

Anything else I should do or check after the factory reset?

It seems that the restore did not restore all the settings.

I recommend you open a support case with official support your local distributor. It sounds like you have a serious network problem.

Back