TztBB and Fusion Apollo Ms Wb675

3onic

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I read your posts since some times.
I'm a boat owner in Italy and have a Furuno TZTBB system on board, recently I bought a Fusion Apollo MS WB675 radio with a remote control Fusion ERX400.
I know that the only way to interface them is to use the ethernet connection alone and setting the IP to fixed in the address range 172.31.xx.xx.

So I tried it and have set the IP to 172.31.16.6 subnet 255.255.0.0 gateway 0.0.0.0 at first. As soon as I have set the IP, the Tzt rebooted... and rebooted...and rebooted, always at approx. 65% of the boot up it starts again.
Therefore I tried another IP setting, 172.31.100.8, 255.255.0.0, gateway 0.0.0.0... no change.
Then 172.31.100.8, 255.255.0.0 and gateway 172.31.252.2 (taken from the tzt ip config).

Anyhow, whatever I tried, no difference. Always rebooting and no contact.

I have to say I connected the ethernet cables to the same switch where I have connected the two axis cameras (with POE), I don't know if this affects something.

Can someone suggest something i might try?

Thank you and regards

Renato

While it is likely not compatible due to it being much newer that the TZ Series one there are a few things to check. 1) Ensure you have newest software (6.03) loaded into the TZT units. 2) Ensure that the Fusion remote is NOT on the same NMEA 2000 bus that the MFDs are connected to.

Hi Johnny and thank you very much for your answer.
Anyway, yes, I have the software version 6.03 and the Fusion is not connected to the NMEA network. I could understand that the newer Fusion unit would not be recognised by the TZT (therefore not appear on the display) but why rebooting endlessly? Is my IP setup wrong?
What would be surely correct? Gateway 0.0.0.0 or the value shown on the TZT?

Sorry, but I would have another unrelated question: is it possible to connect two TZTBB together and using the charts and data from the one showing on the other? So I could have two screens?

Thank you

Fusion changed well after TZT series one stopped selling. Garmin purchased them and changed software to the point it is unlikely you can mix any newer Fusion with the older TZT unless you have an older Fusion like the MS700 or MS750. Based on your information the Fusion should be removed from the Furuno network.

Charts do not share over the network. Charts must be inserted into each machine individually but waypoints/routes/global settings/map unlock codes do share. Yes, two TZTBBs with same software version can be mixed on the same network and share connected items like the radar, sounder etc..

Back