TZT9 Shutting down Repeatedly

kellmic5

Hi all,

I've been having the following issue for about the last 7 months since I bought my sailboat:
My TZT9 seems to work fine for a while and then will randomly shut off. Sometimes I can turn it back on. Sometimes it wont turn back on. Sometimes it will stay on for hours and then randomly turn off. I connected the unit to a bench power supply and experienced the same issue. I was thinking maybe overheating but sometimes it shuts off immediately. I also confirmed that all three fans are operational (at least until it shuts off). When I had it connected to bench power supply I noticed that it makes a strange sound right before it shuts off. Almost sounds like a short crinkling sound. There isn't a spike in amperage draw that I would expect from a short. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

While it could have been damaged by heat in the past, it sounds like something is broken and needs repair now. Excessive heat can damage the SPU (main)board and it won't get better even if the mounting environment is made better. Because you can repeat the issue on the bench, it will be easy for the service center to do the same. I would recommend you get that sent in for repair. It doesn't sound boat power related if you can repeat with a good bench power supply.

Back