TZT9 not showing AIS range and bearing

SYTIGERLILLY

My TZT9 is not showing any AIS range or bearing and I can't sort the AIS list by range.
It previously worked just fine but I've been troubleshooting the ais receptio on my ais receiver (a camino108) and now I noted the ranges are missing.
My position and ais targets positions are shown correctly on the chart so I wonder what is missing to give me the range!!??
My vessel is anchored (no speed), and I don't have heading sensor (gyro or so). Is that the problem?

Radars need heading to properly display AIS and determine the proper range and bearing from the boats bow. You might consider adding heading from a sat compass or flux gate (if fiberglass boat) for the ability to conduct ARPA on the radar, conduct overlay, and properly show AIS on the radar.

I am not trying to see AIS targets on radar view/page.
I am using chartploter view/page were I was used to see Al information, Name, MMSI, Range, Bearing, CPA, TCPA. Now range and bearing are missing and I can't figure why.
CPA is still available which is interesting
Please see attached

Attachments

• IMG-20230119-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230119-WA0000.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 97
For bearing you need to have a course established either by heading (which you don't have) or by moving the boat faster than 3 knots to establish a course/COG (course over ground); which you don't appear to have either. I recommend moving the boat and retesting while moving 3 knots or better. As it is now you are a dot on the globe with no established course. If you had a heading sensor it would know 100% your direction and would have the infomation shown sitting still. Short of that the boat needs to establish a course.

Back