TZT9 and TZT3 on same network

chtucker

Furuno Fan
I don't want or full expect full compatibility. I would like to use my TZT9 as my primary sounder display and a TZT3 for radar/navigation.

Can I leave a DFF1 and the TZT9 on the same network as the TZT3 if I don't expect them to interact? or would I need to create a separate Ethernet network?

I would have both on the N2K network (This allows me to have backup access to heading, AIS etc)?

Do any of the sensors (NXT radar, SCX-20) become incompatible with the TZT due to software updates?

I am trying avoid the TZT9 becoming a paperweight... and I could use it as a dedicated sounder/backup navigation. I am not expecting it to share waypoints/routes etc...

I should also add that I am running Timezero software.. I have stayed at 3.x to remain compatible with TZT.

Can I leave a DFF1 and the TZT9 on the same network as the TZT3 if I don't expect them to interact? or would I need to create a separate Ethernet network?

They would need to be on a separate Ethernet network.

Do any of the sensors (NXT radar, SCX-20) become incompatible with the TZT due to software updates?
Not that I am aware of. The The SCX20 would work better with the TZT3 because the TZT3 has a screen to configure the SCX20 built in.

TZ pro v3 is designed to work well with v6 of TZT or TZT2. TZ pro v4 is designed to work well with v7 of TZT2 or TZT3.

Back