TZT3 with DI-FFAMP and 165T-PM542LM transducer

Nedda

Hi,
I have a TZT3 with the DI-FFAMP, DFF-3D and 165T-PM542LM transducer. I would like to setup the system for deep dropping in 200-300m and sword fishing 400-600m. I have a screenshot of the current settings at a depth of 582m. Any advice to how I can improve my setup through adjusting any setting would be much appreciated.
02C74221-EC0E-47E6-971B-83111D311951.jpeg

Greetings Nedda,

Generally the DFF3D transducers at 165kHz will have a deep water range we advertise around 300 m (over 980 ft) depending on bottom, water and installation so I'm not sure the DFF3D will be of great use in really deep water. As for the LM side of the transducer, the sonar guys might have a better idea but perhaps consider a longer pulse length?

Hope this helps,

- Maggy

Nedda,

Choosing any frequency or a setting for use in Deep Dropping or for fishing Swords isn’t quite as easy as just select this setting and adjust that setting. One skipper’s preference on how they utilize their fish finder settings may not be how you like to use yours.
You may find that you also need to adjust your fish finder frequency based on water conditions, as well as the depth. Also, you may need to adjust sensitivity based on things like the salinity and water temperature based at your local fishing spots.

Pulse Length is also important and can greatly affects targets in both shallow and deep water. Using a Shorter Pulse length can provide better detail, but with a decreased range. While using a Longer Pulse length it will provide you a much lower detail, but with an increased range

As a rule of thumb, using CW frequencies between 38kHz – 60kHz when fishing very deep water (over 1500 feet). Between 600 and 1500 feet, Chirp medium frequencies between 80 kHz and 130 kHz tend to work well. For anything that is 600 feet or shallower, you should use higher frequencies that are over 150 kHz.

- Deep Blue :cool:

Thanks Deep Blue,
I will take some screenshots next time I am on the shelf and I will take note of the frequency, gain and TVG and get your opinion on where there is anything I can adjust to improve the picture. If that’s ok

Did you ever get this setup figured out ? Currently installing same components and would appreciate some feed back if you have any. Thanks

Deep Blue
In your reply above you mentioned adjusting pulse length. I have a DI-FFAMP connected to the same transducer. Have I missed a sub menu in the CW mode where you can adjust pulse length? I have not see that option. I have a FCV 1150 on my other boat and adjust the pulse length as conditions change. I have looked for that option on the DI-FFAMP but have not seen it.

My take on the attached picture is how there are sections of the screen shot where both the bait and bottom echo change. The bait fades out and the bottom with decreases. Like the boat was perhaps rolling on a rough day

Thanks

Hi redwards,
I am novice when it comes to Furuno equipment. the set up as for the install was a piece of cake just followed the manuals. Had a few trips out to the continental shelf and had some time to adjust the settings, mainly the frequency, gain and clutter. Very impressed with what I am picking up. The deep sea fishing season is about to kick off shortly has the weather picks so I will add some more screenshot. Here is pic from the last trip out.

B883A1FF-EC76-4EE6-9BEC-C528525BC130.jpeg

Hi 42duffy,

The breaks in the first attached screenshot were caused by backing the boat into the swell causing disturbed air rated water over the face of the transducer.

Some pics of a recent trip, very happy the set up. Picked up the under water peak on the sounder with the boat travelling along at 40km/h
5E512259-290E-4401-BC83-C6C410EFC903.jpeg
48C49D38-770E-48BF-A079-0C3DBB10CAA5.jpeg

42Duffy,

The following TX Pulse Rates are available with the DFF3, DFF3-UHD, or DI-FFAMP when connected to the TZT3, and you will find TX Pulse for High Frequency, Medium Frequency, and Low Frequency.

The Pulse Length is automatically set according to the Range and Shift (Standard). Using a (Short) Pulse will provide you better resolution, where a (Long) Pulse increases the detection range but lowers the resolution. To improve the resolution when using Zoom, either use the (Short 1) or (Short 2).

And whenever possible I highly recommend adding heave from a satellite compass like the SCX20/21 to stabilize your fish finder to the seabed.

- Deep Blue :cool

Back