Tzt3 v2.05 linked to tzt2 v8

J

Jgribbs

Hey guys I just done the latest updates on my Tzt3 and tzt2 they were not linked during updates. Everything went well and works like before the update except I can’t transfer waypoints between mfd’s. Either way either from Tzt3 to tzt2 and tzt2 to Tzt3 but it does marks on its own mfd. my tzt2 is chart master and once I reloaded my waypoints and user settings on the tzt2 then relinked the Tzt3 through the Ethernet cable my waypoints and settings were sync and passed over to Tzt3 so the network is working. Hopefully something simple like a setting. Thanks guys look forward to a response.

So all your TZT3 units are v2.05 and all of your TZT2 units are V8? Did you factory clear the units after programming? I haven't heard of this problem but 2.05 software is very new so we will do some testing and revert back.

We tested without problems. I think either the units were not factory reset properly after programming, or you have some bad user data that is causing an issue. You might try clearing them and then try adding points to the system before restoring any of your user data, for testing. It might be that you have some badly imported data or corrupt user data that breaks the process. We are finding no problems with v2.05 and v8 sharing points across the network.

Thanks heaps Jonny I will redo full factory resets on all machines then redo updates I did import user data on on the chart master before waypoints And the network was not connected when importing user settings and waypoints on chart master might connect network first then import waypoints then user settings on chart master. Appreciate u getting back to me legend mate

Hey Johnny so I’ve done full re updates on all sounders everything went well got the network to pass waypoints then I imported my saved waypoints they transferred straight over to the slave mfds and then tried pinging waypoints again and no dramas it worked perfectly then reinstalled user settings then couldn’t transfer waypoints again through the network so my user settings are dirty like u said or the updates don’t like it. is there away to clean the file or should I take photos of settings and manually install them on the chart master mfd. thanks again

Bad points/routes files can be cleaned but settings can't. Most settings are easily setup by hand but taking photos and clearing it and using the photos as a guide is a good idea. Sounds like you have this issue licked. Great job. :jump

Back