TZT3 Transducer suggestions

Cabo92

Furuno Fan
Currently have a new B265LM and a 15yr old back up ducer that needs to be replaced when we haul out next. Need recommendations on ducers...We mainly troll for tuna dolphin wahoo billfish, surface down to ~500ft the 265 works good but would like a 2 or 3kw for better performance what's out there that doesn't require an additional black box?

Look at the B275LHW. I have it and get good bottom readings out to over 700 feet. The high side is wide angle which is great for tuna etc and seeing bait mid water It will connect directly to the TZT3

I am pretty sure that the B265LM and B275LHW have the same low-frequency elements and will achieve the same depths on the low side. The TZT3 displays only have a 1KW sounder built into them, so that is the most you are going to be able to use without a "black box" I believe what you are looking to do would require a DI-FFAMP paired with a 2-5KW transducer of your choice that fits your situation. Deep Blue can probably provide much clearer guidance on this topic.

That's right the unit itself only has 1kw capability. The B285HW may match up best since I dont have high frequency on the B265LM. The DFF-AMP plus the 2 or 3kw ducer is ~$5k while the B285HW is $1k

Cabo92":1edbhgka said:
Currently have a new B265LM and a 15yr old back up ducer that needs to be replaced when we haul out next. Need recommendations on ducers...We mainly troll for tuna dolphin wahoo billfish, surface down to ~500ft the 265 works good but would like a 2 or 3kw for better performance what's out there that doesn't require an additional black box?

Do you want better performance in that same depth range down to 500 feet or are you looking for better performance at significantly greater depth? It will be interesting to see what the Furuno guys say because I don't think you would have a noticeable gain in performance with a 2/3kW sounder at the shallower depths.

If you have more than one TZT 3 MFD, your best best might be to add a B175H so you can get the higher resolution it will provide over your B265LM. I also do a lot of trolling for tuna and wahoo. My experience is that the B175H shows fish very well down to 500-600 feet using the1kW internal TZT 3 sounder. I also have a DFF-3D which operates at a medium frequency of 165Hz and provides the wider coverage you will have with the B265LM except of course it is quite a bit wider beam angle.

With the mounting space and budget, for that type of fishing you might consider adding a DFF-3D and a B175H in preference to getting a DIFF-AMP for the 2/3kW output and the transducers necessary to use it at the higher power.

Looking into the DFF3D more seems to fit our needs the best looking for bait at depths above 500ft. Looks like 3500$ for the black box and ducer.