TZT3, DFF3D, and 165T-50/200-SS260 transducer?

kjohn911

Hello,
I'm going with Furuno electronics for my new boat. I know the 165T-50/200-SS260 combo transducer will support all the DFF3D features, but does it support Accu-fish, bottom discrimination and Rez-Boost without having to add any other devices, such as the BBDS1?

The 165T-50/200-SS260 uses the B164 elements for the 50/200 portion. That transducer element is not officially supported by any unit for AccuFish, RezBoost or Bottom Discrimination.

Hello,
I'm going with Furuno electronics for my new boat. I know the 165T-50/200-SS260 combo transducer will support all the DFF3D features, but does it support Accu-fish, bottom discrimination and Rez-Boost without having to add any other devices, such as the BBDS1?
Additionally, if it's not clear - these are post-processing features of the 'sounder' not the transducer. Even with the correct XDR, you will need a capable sounder that supports either of these features such as a TZTouch MFD or the 'BBDS1'.

Hope this helps,

- Maggy

The 165T-50/200-SS260 uses the B164 elements for the 50/200 portion. That transducer element is not officially supported by any unit for AccuFish, RezBoost or Bottom Discrimination.
Additionally, if it's not clear - these are post-processing features of the 'sounder' not the transducer. Even with the correct XDR, you will need a capable sounder that supports either of these features such as a TZTouch MFD or the 'BBDS1'.

Hope this helps,

- Maggy
The TZT3 MFD is capable, but you have to pair it with the correct transducer. The supported transducers are listed, but I would like to use the combo transducer so I don't have to put two separate one under the boat.

Back