TzT3 and Fusion Apollo MS-Ra770

MikeR13

Furuno Super Fan
Hey gang, just picked up my new boat with a complete furuno system. Have both the sirius weather module and radio package connected to the system and the Fusion stereo. I can see the channels showing up on my furuno screens but I dont have any sound. The sirius module is connected to the stereo via RCA cord. My question is do I still have to assign IP numbers for this stereo since its also NMEA connected? The stereo and furuno will play the music on my phone with controls etc.

Anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks

If the Fusion is being connected by NMEA 2000; then you don't need to worry about any IP addresses. The Fusion can not be allowed to be connected by network and NMEA 2000; one method must be chosen. If you have the BBWX4 feeding the Fusion it will normally be into an AUX port. Normally you will set the Fusion to AUX port where the auto is fed to hear it. You might check with Fusion about firmware because I believe we had a customer with a similar complaint about the AUX audio not working and it was a firmware bug with the Fusion.

Thanks. Yes the Fusion is connected to the BBWX4 and NMEA. Im gonna double check the Aux connection tomorrow and make sure connected properly. Im not too computer savvy, but when you say firmware is that the same as a software update for the stereo? I did notice you can update that software on the stereo. Just want to make sure since its a brand new unit in a brand new boat before i go too far.

THANKS

Unlike Furuno, many other companies don't ensure units are up to date with software when sold. This is because many have units held in warehouses which they don't control. Yes, I am recommending you contact Fusion to see if there is newer software/firmware available that might assist you.

I am about to install the same equipment as Mike in my boat. So if I am using a BBWX4 the audio signal goes into the stereo via RCA cable? Does this mean I’m not going to be able to control the XM channels from my fusion RA 770?

If you subscribe to Sirius XM Audio within the Fusion system you can control it on the fusion system. If you are using Sirius XM auto in the BBWX4 then it is just AUX into your fusion so no in that case. The BBWX4 is controlled by the NavNet not Fusion.

So in order to have the XM weather features on the NavNet system and XM audio on the Fusion I would need two completely separate systems? Or can I use the same antenna to go into an audio receiver and BBWX4?

You would need to decide for yourself if you wish to have Sirius XM audio on the BBWX4 or the Fusion supporting Sirius audio. If you wish to share a Sirius XM antenna between the two systems, it is possible with an antenna splitter. The Fusion has no control over the BBWX4 or vice versa.

Ok, that makes sense. Wasn't sure if there was a way I could pass the antenna though the BBWX4 to the tuner, will have to just split it before the modules.

I know that this is outside the control of Furuno, but everyone is kind of in the same metaphorical boat. Why wouldn’t they design the module to connect to the stereo as it normally does with an Ethernet out for the XM weather/fishing feature. My stereo is on constantly, navigation equipment not so much. Seems like a bad design on XM’s part. Just me venting about this a little. :think

Back