TZT3 12 + TZT2 9 - 165T/265LH-PM488 12 pin bottom setting suggestions

BK72

Thanks in advance for any advice. Brand new to Furuno but love the system so far. I was searching through old threads, but couldnt find consensus on good starting settings. I've tried auto fishing/ cruising and rabbit holed a bit on manual. Im pretty sure I have the correct Transducer setup in the TZT12. All my network stuff is showing up in the NMEA which is good. Calcutta mounted the transducer in the correct well location.

I am struggling with keeping a clean bottom and I wasnt super clear on when to mess with TVG settings etc. If anyone has a good starting spot, Id be grateful. Im in Wilmington NC area and it seems Furuno is not as popular locally as some other brands.

Ive got good mapping/ waypoints, just trying to get the bottom set up right with a good split screen bottom lock for 100-150 ft. I took a few images from the waterway playing around with HF/LF.

The PBG feature is pretty slick, and maps clean. I havent figured out how to dial in the DFF3D just yet either. I wanted to get the basics down before jumping onto the next one.

Regards
Brian

IMG_1698 (1).jpg

TRANSD 1.jpgSS 1 IMG_3145.jpgSS 2 IMG_3146.jpgIMG_3147.jpg

Sounder looks good but only 15ft of water is a bit shallow. The gain at that depth is too high accounting for the three+ bottoms shown due to the excessive gain.

Sounder looks good but only 15ft of water is a bit shallow. The gain at that depth is too high accounting for the three+ bottoms shown due to the excessive gain.
Thanks Johnny

For shallow running do you typically see /recommend auto on gain or some other preset ? The tweak menu on these things is loaded with stuff and I’m assuming simple better to start.

Shallow running, I normally recommend auto cruising mode until out at the fishing grounds then either autofishing or run manual operations.

Back