TZT3 12" Transducer recommendation.

andytuna

Hi Everyone!

I need some help choosing a throughhull transducer for a TZ3T 12" that I just installed after having my raymarine dsm 300 failing.
Currently I am using an Airmar R99 (2KW 50/200) but the low frecuency side of the transducer is "out of range" (dead).

I ve always fished with traditional 50/200 frecuencies and furunos 585/627 but know I think a chirp transducer would match the new display better??

We do a lot of trolling for bluefin tuna, jigging for bottom fish from 40-130 metres and occasionaly deepdropping in 250-320 metres.
Which 1 kw transducer could handle these fishing scenarios better?
b265lm
b265lh
b275lhw

Thanks in advance!

andytuna,

When it comes to the three transducers that you mentioned, here is all the information regarding each one by one:

B275LH-W This CHIRP transducer is rated for 1kW of power and has a low frequency of 42 to 65 kHz, providing a beam width between 25° to 16° depending on the frequency. This transducer is rated with a maximum operating depth of 3000' ft. (914 meters). The high frequency is 150 to 250 kHz with a 25° constant beam width. The “High Side” has a maximum depth of 500’ ft. (152 meters) This transducer delivers exceptional shallow-water and in the upper-water column performance, with superb fish-target separation. Because of the “High wide beam”, it's the number one transducer that is usually selected for use in fishing for Tuna.

B265LM This 1kW CHIRP transducer is popular frequencies for targeting gamefish, and provides real clear target details, along with bottom discrimination, as well as bait and game-fish separation for all depths. The low frequency band operates between 42 and 65 kHz, and a beam width of 25° to 16° . This transducer is rated for deep-water performance down to 3000’ ft. (914 meters) The medium-frequency band from 85 to 135 kHz, with a beam width 16° to 11°. The maximum depth of the Medium Frequency is 1500’ ft. (457 meters).

B265LH This 1kW CHIRP transducer has been around for a while now and is still quite popular. The transducer’s low frequency operates between 42 and 65 kHz with excellent deep-water performance, and the beam width of 25° to 16° beam width. The low side maximum depth of 3000’ ft. (914 meters). The high frequency operates between 130 and 210 kHz with a narrow, 10° to 6° beam width that is perfect for picking apart structure and pinpointing tight-holding fish in structure. The high frequency maximum depth is rated at 1000’ ft. (304 meters) This transducer can be utilized for Bluefin Tuna—60 kHz, squid—133 kHz, or cod—175 kHz.

If you want to go for Bluefin tuna, I'd pick the B275LH-W first, then the B265LH second.

Just one man's humble opinion... :geek:

- Deep Blue 🦑

andytuna,

When it comes to the three transducers that you mentioned, here is all the information regarding each one by one:

B275LH-W This CHIRP transducer is rated for 1kW of power and has a low frequency of 42 to 65 kHz, providing a beam width between 25° to 16° depending on the frequency. This transducer is rated with a maximum operating depth of 3000' ft. (914 meters). The high frequency is 150 to 250 kHz with a 25° constant beam width. The “High Side” has a maximum depth of 500’ ft. (152 meters) This transducer delivers exceptional shallow-water and in the upper-water column performance, with superb fish-target separation. Because of the “High wide beam”, it's the number one transducer that is usually selected for use in fishing for Tuna.

B265LM This 1kW CHIRP transducer is popular frequencies for targeting gamefish, and provides real clear target details, along with bottom discrimination, as well as bait and game-fish separation for all depths. The low frequency band operates between 42 and 65 kHz, and a beam width of 25° to 16° . This transducer is rated for deep-water performance down to 3000’ ft. (914 meters) The medium-frequency band from 85 to 135 kHz, with a beam width 16° to 11°. The maximum depth of the Medium Frequency is 1500’ ft. (457 meters).

B265LH This 1kW CHIRP transducer has been around for a while now and is still quite popular. The transducer’s low frequency operates between 42 and 65 kHz with excellent deep-water performance, and the beam width of 25° to 16° beam width. The low side maximum depth of 3000’ ft. (914 meters). The high frequency operates between 130 and 210 kHz with a narrow, 10° to 6° beam width that is perfect for picking apart structure and pinpointing tight-holding fish in structure. The high frequency maximum depth is rated at 1000’ ft. (304 meters) This transducer can be utilized for Bluefin Tuna—60 kHz, squid—133 kHz, or cod—175 kHz.

If you want to go for Bluefin tuna, I'd pick the B275LH-W first, then the B265LH second.

Just one man's humble opinion... :geek:

- Deep Blue 🦑
Thank you so much for your replies @Deep Blue and @Johnny Electron !!👏👏👏

I really like the idea of the high wide frequency for marking tuna, but I might get the B265LH in order to have the narrower beam for bottom fishing in deeper water.

Regarding the b275lhw , if I set the low freq in 42khz to get the 25º beam I should cover the same area as using the High wide 25º constant but just with less detail right? or do you think I would be missing many targets?

Back