TZT2 Version & Activecaptain

CDIVE

Just need to clarify the final comments under the previous post with the same Subject, which is now locked.

The instructions for importing the Activecaptain data base on the Furuno site are useless. The data base contained therein is over two years old.

I also disagree that "Activecaptain is going away". I get updates to their data all the time in my TZ Navigator software and yes, I know the latter is supported separately by Maxsea. I have not heard of any replacement to-date.

All of this said, I understand that the problem is not Furuno's fault. This is what happens when a great public service product gets taken over by one of the manufacturers in the marine electronics field with its own proprietary agenda. Although Garmin promised to keep Activecaptain available to the boating community I am sure they have not been forthcoming in keeping it compatible with other manufacturers' products.

Since Maxsea appears to be the underlying software engine on my TZTs I hope that one of the new updates will once again allow my displays to show Activecaptain information. If nothing else, just the navigation danger points would be a real benefit to those of us that travel the ICW regularly.

Don't worry; I am still a Furuno fan. Only nav equipment I have ever owned.

Thanks >> Joe

Thanks Joe, it isn't probably what you want to hear but Active Captain (AC) is no longer a supported feature moving forward with the Furuno NavNet equipment. The only exception is for the current and older versions of TZT2 which can use the last available AC data captured before the API changed. To use this data with TZT2, you must stay at v6 or below software. The soon to be introduced TZT2 v7 software will no longer support AC. With the introduction of TZT2 V7 software, it will gain some of the new TZT3 features such as supporting the new First Mate App which has cloud and sharing abilities via MyTimeZero. TZT3 was introduced without this feature.

Just noticed this reply.

Thanks for the additional research and effort. At least now we know and I can stop searching for an answer.

From a safety standpoint I still get Active Captain in my Maxsea Nav on my laptop. I'll just create "Hazard" waypoints for anything ominous along my route for the day. With the ability to sync via WiFi the WPs will show up in my TZTs.

Stay safe.

Best >> Joe

Back