TZT2 not allowing data source selection

CharlieP

Having finally got my TZT2 back from the dealer (to get the missing eGuide installed) I realised that the heading data I was seeing was way off. I instantly knew the reason for this, I have a few heading sensors available, one of them is right next to a steel pontoon - I don't use it as I have a mega accurate Airmar H2183 sensor. When I dived into the data source screen though hardly anything is there! All my devices show in the sensors screen, but only a couple show in the devices screen, and when the little arrow shows to choose then there is only one entry (the one that is already there! - usually the TZT2) note the ZG100 is seen as an attitude/pitch roll device - even though it's not great for that (but I get no choice) but it isn't seen for position - which it is good for!
I use these sensors all over the place - TZ Navigator, Open CPN, Furuno FI-70 I know they are working!
In the list you will see an NMEA bridge, this has everything from the NMEA 0183, including old heading sensors (which is how I spotted the issue) but for instance the position is being taken by the internal TZT sensor, there are 3 other GPS on the bus, one through the NMEA bridge + a 10hz B&G ZG100 and a 10hz XB8000, none of which are selectable, I used to be able to choose (and had chosen the NMEA bridge as tat made the Doppler work on the radar)
Am I doing something wrong (again!?!?) any ideas how I can get the system to let me choose the sensors to use?
Any help much appreciated...
...(c)
Sensors List
y3mkJcV8RWqmXqU_BpkSKPP8NHrozC7s0ak88eCZKel1wfIOmuHM3M6Vd_R10nsazKDg9p6ackKDq0HdOh_07bH_AVBCV0ItlGP3sGL6NgO0WP3jOMkTiucMAqfU06fxsC6D5aRLU5nhmgrBKsdxximh07B4OAHNsT9lNB6F9ZnxR4

Device List
y3mmz7mMziMiIzAnpgQW9Ha23gXxN9iE9LjhLE0YYzmPgEiDQ0sxyDPA8qYqTMPvRr9yKJiGVwn0-bkK-CWn26CL4V5_xDe-7R8YC65cRBUX1c50ruqis9fKClD3h_e_8Rpc0FEYGfgGPGQO2j6jQU-lJwy2jLsSFeESLEV8bG87G0

Using same sensors in FI-70, plugged in right next to the TZT2
y3m0jFgVD1FTFubevY7czoRlzV37QnUz148kwGxNPZckCyYPQekvkjdplf4cMsmQ17RqGi8eelNaESTHaFMh2oYwg4VQ6ZYXyVp9Fb9LBd5QYV_XbglJjklJaVX-RyL_W7OvMRuex-1nrqj6jXbPkFkhttw022mkRFfwAmRqH1XeDI

What was added to the 2000 network between the time you could select sources and now? Have you checked the 2000 bus for instance conflicts?

Hi, thanks for replying.

Nothing has changed on the bus and all the sensors are readable and selectable on all my other devices, including the FI-70.

The main problem is that whilst they appear on the sensors screen they don't appear as options on the data source screen, whereas before you could choose which heading or GPS sensor to use, now you just get the single one listed.

I might try removing the ZG100 from the network as that has my backup GPS and Heading sensor, so there should only be one of each type of sensor then.

Thanks for any help...
...(c)

You might also try factory clearing the TZT2 to see if that helps.
I doubt it will change anything be we have also released new TZT2 software (V4.01).
You can download it from our website under the TZT2 product pages.

I've installed 4.01 but it didn't seem to effect the data sources selection :(

I took the ZG100 off the NMEA2000 network and the TZT2 did then use some of the other sensors, but within a few minutes it had gone back to inappropriate ones and the more useful ones were then missing from the list you get when you hit the right arrow.

The Furuno agent here is suggesting that the NMEA 2000 plug could be at fault so he wants to change it - apparently they are very delicate on the flying lead - I have my doubts as things come and go if I change sensors on the network.

My suspicion is that the TZT2 is being too picky then a bug hides what it considers as bad sensors, what we need is a network screen that shows us what it thinks of the sensors - I wonder if there is one that we as users don't know about?

The local furuno agent is going to have a look next week whilst I poke at the screen to see if I can make it freeze!

Yes it sounds like working with your dealer or your Furuno distributor directly would be in order. I haven't seen what you are describing so he might be correct about the bad field connector or other 2000 bus issue.

OK, so the dealer took the TZT2 away over Xmas and found that a plug I had put on the NMEA output lead *may* have been shorting other wires (e.g. the event input connector) within the loom, causing endless events and potential confusion within the unit.

I have tested it and it all worked fine now, I could see all the data sources and it let me choose to connect to them, even the inappropriate ones! Right up until I connected the Ethernet and fired up Timezero on a PC, at which point all the datasources vanished :(

I think the dealer may have had a point, I should have heatshrinked all the wires they just left bare on the install, so that is worth remembering ;)

But, I still have an issue; it looks like some form of interaction between the TimeZero software - which is connecting to the TZT2 using navnet for fast location, arpa, radar and other stuff (that it doesn't talk about)

Are there any tricks to know about when using this configuration (e.g. Timezero connecting to TZT2) given that when I connected from TimeZero I just used autoconfig and let it tick all the boxes? Should I maybe only select a few specific options so that the Radar and routes can sync?

Many thanks...
...(c)

I would suggest you speak with Nobeltec. It could be the version of Time Zero is not compatible with the current version of Furuno software. I would also recommend that you are pre-fixing your IP address of our Nobeltec PC. I normally recommend 172.031.003.150. It might be that you are having some sort of IP address conflict.

Back