TZT2 non-responsive and slows to a crawl

Jagsare1

Furuno Fan
Went to the boat this week to retrieve a waypoint. The unit took almost 20 minutes for the slider bar to complete but then the unit did not come on(it is on, will not go past the start up screen). I cut power to the unit and then turned it back on. It booted up quickly but when I tried to "operate" the unit, nothing happened. It acted frozen and then would respond to my input 3-5 seconds later. Could not center the screen, would not zoom or accept any other command. When it did work, it was very jerky and SLOW. Turned it off again and back on and it was slightly better. Of course, then I pulled up the waypoint on the screen(because there is no way to do an alpha search for waypoints which I find ridiculous) and was looking at it trying to determine what selection to make to see the waypoint.....and the machine erased the waypoint without me touching anything.

So now my concerns are back after having to ship to Furuno after 1 use for a "blown" motherboard. What is wrong with it now?

Just curious if you ever got a final resolution on this matter as I have been plagued with the slow jerky response from my TZT2 as well. It never really goes away after a reboot and only gets less slow and jerky and gets worse or better for unknown reason. I have only lost data once. Its just getting frustrating after spending so much money on a system that seems to have issues.

Steve

I never did anything else to it. It did that twice and then never did it again. For the moment, I decided to leave well enough alone.

Back