TZT2 Event Switch & FCV 295 Networking

T

TeamRezoned

Good afternoon,

We have been very pleased with our TZT2 so far!

My one complaint is that it is a bit cumbersome to mark new spots (create waypoints) on the machine. I have heard that you can install a push button switch and wire it to the TZT2 so that it creates a mark every time you press the button. Can this be done? f so, could you please provide information on how to wire the switch?

Also, We are in the process of installing a FCV 295. Is it possible to network the TXT2 and FCV295 in a way that would allow the user to scroll back and place a waypoint at a point shown on the 295, and then the waypoint will be displayed on the TZT2?

Thanks as always for your support!
Dan

The TZT2 can not be networked with the FCV292. (FCV292 has no network port) You could wires up the FCV295 0183 via a IF-NMEA2k2 converter to pass TLL (target Lat/Lon) over to your NMEA 2000 bus via PGN 130828. That would drop a mark on the plotter from the FCV292. You can never get the FCV292 sounder screen to show up on the TZT2 system.

The event switch is shown on the wiring of the 18 pin multi purpose cable on Page S-1 of the installation manual. ORG (pin 5) and Black (pin 6) wires. You can wire a simple momentary switch. This was talked about on other threads and I think they had suggested switches they used for it.

Johnny,

We have purchased the IF-NMEA2k2 Converter and have installed in into our Furuno CAN BUS network. I have not connected the wires into the WAYGO connector on the 295 yet because I am not sure exactly which wires go where. The IF-NMEA2k2 Installation manual indicates that I should connect it in the following way:

YEL or PNK---> RD-H
GRN or PNK/BLK---> RD-C
BLU or L-BLU/GGRN---> TD-B
WHT or L-BLU/YEL---> TD-A

My issue is this: The wiring schematic for the 295 Shows "RD-A" and "RD-B" instead of "RD-H" and RD-C".

Could you please help with some direction on where the IF-NMEA2k2 wires should be connected into the 295?

Thanks!
-Dan

Here is the decoder ring for reading the Furuno interconnection diagrams typically at the back of the manual (pg S-1).

TD = Transmit Data
RD = Receive Data
A = +
B = -
H = Hot/High/+
C = Cold/Common/-
SD = Send Data
SG = Signal ground

In your case, the Yellow RD-A (+ receive) and RD-B (- Receive) are the NMEA 0183 RS422 Input wires.

Thanks Johnny,

Just to clarify, I will only be hooking up 4 of the wires from the IF-NMEA2k2 converter to the FCV295 WAYGO Connector. The connections (By IF-N2K Wire Color) are as follows:

IF-N2k- BLU/YEL---> FCV295 "TD-A"
IF-N2k- BLU/GRN---> FCV295 "TD-B"
IF-N2k- PNK---> FCV295 "RD-A"
IF-N2k- PNK/BLK---> FCV295 "RD-B"

Pleas confirm.

Thanks!

Thanks Johnny,

As mentioned in the original post, we just want to me able to use the FCV 295 "mark" button to mark a spot on the fish finder and have the waypoint pop up on the TZT2 plotter. I assume that a "bidirectional" connection is required for this.

We will try it our and let you know how it works!

Thanks again for your assistance, This forum is a key part of why we stick with Furuno!

You would need bidirectional because your sounder needs Lat/Lon (GPS) to know where the boat is so it can create the "Target Lat Lon" (TLL) message that it uses to send back over to the plotter (via your IFNMEA2k2 interface).

You would need bidirectional because your sounder needs Lat/Lon (GPS) to know where the boat is so it can create the "Target Lat Lon" (TLL) message that it uses to send back over to the plotter (via your IFNMEA2k2 interface).
Hello Johnny,
I have wired my Tzt2 thru the NMEA 2k2 into my 295 the same as you have said above and when I press the mark button it says no position data.
Is there any other settings I need to adjust on either unit to get it sorted. Cheers Mate.

Yes mate the TLL is in the on position on the Tz.
The NMEA2k2 is also showing on the instrument list with the led on when in use. The 295 did have the markfish connected prior which worked well. Thanks for your help!

Are there any other IF-NMEA2k2 devices on the bus that it might be having instance conflict with? What version of software does the sensor list show is loaded in the IF-NMEA2k2?

Are there any other IF-NMEA2k2 devices on the bus that it might be having instance conflict with? What version of software does the sensor list show is loaded in the IF-NMEA2k2?
Hey Mate,
I have a PG700 on the bus for the dff3d and that’s all. I will check the version tomorrow and let you know. We are in a local comp this weekend and hoping to have it sorted for that .. Cheers.

Back