TZT16F and SCX-20

jwlsh

Hi,

I have a network with a TZT16F, TZTL12F, SCX-20, a Fusion RA-670, Simrad AP44, and am trying to understand how I get the TZT16F to use the data from the SCX-20 ( heading, etc ). I don't see a menu to set up the SCX-20 anywhere. The only device that seems to be available for that data is the RA-670 bizarrely. The SCX-20 does show up as a source for the Simrad AP

I've read through the manuals and can not find a settings page for GPS or SCX-20. What am I missing?

See the pics below for what I see in my sensor list as well as what I see for GPS in settings.

Many thanks
IMG_0696.png
IMG_0697.png
IMG_0698.png

Selecting data sources is not under the sensor list. You need to go under INITIAL SETUP to DATA SOURCE to pick what your primary source of heading is. I have concerns about your mixed system running that Fusion on the 2000 bus unless the TZT16F is running 1.07 or 1.08 software. V2 software for the TZT3 support NMEA 2000 and Fusion but the TZT2 v7 does not. I am not sure how that will behave. It should be okay as long as the Fusion is not connected to the Ethernet but you will have to see. You can't have the Fusion on both networks, that is for sure.

Ok, thanks, I will check the Fusion network connectivity and disconnect it from ethernet if need be.

The TZT16F is updated to run the latest 2.01 and the the TZTL12F is on V7.

Yeah, there's a Data Sources menu to tell it which sensors to use to obtain data. I've got several sensors onboard that could supply similar info. GPS could come from a GP330B, SCX20, heading from a PG700 or the SCX20, temps from a number of things or the Airmar WX221 weather unit, etc.

You'd also use this on other kinds of displays (like 4" units).

Back