TZT14 compatibility with Airmar B275 LHW

Khaled M

I have bought from a friend TZT 14 used device 2016 year model also mistakenly bought airmar transducer B 275 LHW , I’m really lost and I want to know if this transducer can work with my device and if yes which black box needed, thanks .

You will not have Bottom Discrimination or ACCU-FISH. The high-wide disables that function for any of our fish finders.

I have no idea about that option, did it will effect me of reading the sea ground since I’m working as a fishing charter, I’m currently using fcv 588 and trying out to upgrade, dose my new devices will do the job for better performance or I should change something, and once again thank you so much for your patience and support

Attachments

• IMG_9007.jpeg
    IMG_9007.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
The DFF1-UHD with a B275LHW will not show that.
If you can use a B265LH, it will work.
Can you exchange the B275LHW for a B265LH?

Khaled M,

What is your fishery and what are the depths that you typically fish at..? :unsure:

- Deep Blue
Deep blue thanks a lot

I’m fishing from depth 40 meters up to +200 meters main target is Amberjack snd dogtooth tuna and many other reef coral species and around drop offs

Khaled M,

The B275LH-W’s (Bronze, Low, High Wide) Chirp high wide beam transducer has a frequency range of 150 to 250 kHz, with a fixed 25° beam width that will provide outstanding resolution for both inshore and pelagic fishing. The maximum depth coverage for the high frequency side will be down to 152 meters (500') so it will work very well when fishing those depths for Amberjack and Tuna.

The transducer low side frequency it tailored for deeper-water performance using a CHIRP low frequency of 42 to 65 kHz with a 25° to 16° beam width. The maximum depth that you should expect from the low side frequency should be around 914 meters (3000')

So if you don't care about having Bottom Discrimination or ACCU-Fish capability, then I would use the B275LH-W for your fishery.

- Deep Blue ;)

We’re doing mostly jigging, depth from 40 meters to 200+ meters, targeting Amberjack, dogtooth tuna , GT , and coral reef fishes

Back