TZT12LF with B260 weak signal on HF

anthony

Good day
With my TZT12LF i have combination DFF3D and B260(526TID-HDD).
I have question regarding B260 working on HF where i think(or maybe i am wrong) that signal should be more stronger.
Normally my fishing depths are up to 130 meters ,and i am using bottom zoom normally.
LF frequency signal is OK but for the HF i expected more, even on smaller depths at about 30-40 meters signal is just 1 thin line.
What i have noticed is , at the moment i select HF for couple of seconds signal is stronger but than system adjust it self to lower power.
I am talking about Auto mode , but even in manual with higher gain at bigger depths signal is not as expected.
Just wanted to ask is this supposed to be like this or there is something i could do about it?
Photos attached.

Attachments

• LF_HF.JPG
    LF_HF.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 174
  • HF 64m.JPG
    HF 64m.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 175
  • LF 106m.JPG
    LF 106m.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 175
Greetings,

In the first pic it appears you have a solid bottom line so it actually looked pretty good IMHO. In general, high frequency is going to bounce off of the bottom more and so you're not going to get a long bottom trail like you would with that lower frequency which is going to penetrate the bottom more.

Also, typically High Frequency can drop out at around the 300' (100m) mark depending on environmental conditions. If you're looking to improve returns at depth you might consider when approaching that 150m depth to drop out of auto gain mode and into manual mode and start increasing gain until you see a fair amount of clutter, than use clutter erase to clean up the image.

The acoustics guys might also have a few other ideas as well,

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Hi Maggy

thanks for your reply

In the first pic I have LF selected , this was just to show to compare LF to HF.
Second pic is HF at 65 meters.
Third pic is half LF - half HF (to compare again)

The bottom return line is white, so to bring out the contrast in that ~60m picture perhaps let's choose a background like dark blue.

- Maggy

Back