Tzt12F interfaced to UM120C

My boat came with an extra UM120C display mounted in a location that's visible from the rear deck. I was told it didn't work when I bought the boat. I was able to get a power cable and a HDMI to DVI cable for the units. The Tzt12F is now sending the screen data to the UM120C but there is a problem. There is a large black box on the UM120C display. I think this must be a data box of some sort. I can be moved from one location to the another by using the 4 arrow key.

Can this box be eliminated so I don't see it or can a setting be changed to put the data in the box? I don't have a manual for the UM120C display.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 4
My boat came with an extra UM120C display mounted in a location that's visible from the rear deck. I was told it didn't work when I bought the boat. I was able to get a power cable and a HDMI to DVI cable for the units. The Tzt12F is now sending the screen data to the UM120C but there is a problem. There is a large black box on the UM120C display. I think this must be a data box of some sort. I can be moved from one location to the another by using the 4 arrow key.

Can this box be eliminated so I don't see it or can a setting be changed to put the data in the box? I don't have a manual for the UM120C display.

Thanks,

I found a manual and I think I have the answers. Seems that box is a picture in picture (PIP) and is controlled by one of the video inputs. Page 25 of the manual seems to show the video sources can be turned off, which should remove the data box. I'll report back next week after I've gone back to the boat.

Back