TZT12F Bail Mount

I do not have room for a flush mount on my console, so am looking at the bail mount for the TZT12F. Has anyone used this bail mount? This bail mount appears to be somewhat more complicated than most others, and I am struggling to visualize how it works. There are extra tabs and holes that appear to utilize screws that connect to the back of the TZT12F unit, but I am not sure. I would like to use the bail mount to hang the unit from my overhead instrument box. Will this bail mount work for that? If anyone uses this bail mount, can you post some detailed pictures of the mount in use? Thanks.

You will have some limited motion with the bail mount in a hanging position. If you wanted to modify the bracket, you can gain a lot of the range of motion back.
The tabs prevent the unit from rotating to far, potentially damaging cables or chassis jacks. The added holes on the rear would be for tying cables down as a strain relief.

You will have some limited motion with the bail mount in a hanging position. If you wanted to modify the bracket, you can gain a lot of the range of motion back.
The tabs prevent the unit from rotating to far, potentially damaging cables or chassis jacks. The added holes on the rear would be for tying cables down as a strain relief.
Thanks for the reply. Do you own one?

Having read the TZT12F installation manual, I found the following statement in section 1.1: Do not mount the unit on an overhead beam/bulkhead. The manual does not state the reason for this. Does anyone know why Furuno recommends this?

As stated earlier, my plan was to install the TZT12F bail mount on the underside of my overhead instrument box. Does anyone know why this won't work?

Thanks

While it is common for people to mount them hanging from the overhead; the optional bracket isn't designed to hold it correctly from the overhead. They also didn't test it for the extra vibrations that normally occurs bouncing in the waves hanging. You will find many do build own brackets and hang them without issue.

Are any of the custom brackets your mention available commercially? Since it is common for people to hang the TZT12F from an overhead, it is suprising that Furuno does not make a suitable bracket.

I know some that have taken the Furuno desk mounts and modified etc. I think Ram mounts has options that work well.

Back