Tzt12f and Simrad ap44

julius1

Hello, I need help with getting my Tzt12f mfd and my Simrad ap44 to work with one another. Does anyone know how and what settings I need to configure on my Furuno to work with the Simrad ap44 autopilot? Thanks, David

Most likely the OP will need to tell his TZT12F which NMEA2000 sentences to put on the N2K bus so that the Simrad AP can get the required heading, speed, etc.

I am having the same issue, Simrad autopilot is not receiving nav data from TZT, both see each other on the n2k backbone but won't go into nav mode. Simrad screen works fine and operates AP but my TZT will not send the data over and I have PGN's 129283, 129284, 129285 turned on. Any ideas?

yes. It shows up under Simrad and I selected it. I plotted a route on TZT, got the AP to see it and it would not see it again or when I hit goto waypoint or another route, says no nav data

BTW, I am using the Nss Evo3 as the control head, not the AP44 control head. I have a Nav-3 and a Compass 9 and an OP-12 hard button AP pad.

Problem solved I think. It turns out the Simrad Nss Evo3 does not work as the control head to operate TZT, operates Simrad AP with no issue. I hooked up the Simrad AP44 control head alongside the Evo3 and it works perfectly to a route or a waypoint plotted on the TZT. Evo3 still shows no nav data if I open the AP screen on it but AP works fine from the AP44 head. For the life of me, I can't understand why that is but whatever, it works. Only thing I can think of is some proprietary conflict with internal GPS on Evo3.

Back