TZT 14 Tides

solomon

Good Morning,
I have a TZT 14 ser# 6303 - 1671. Version 1950123.06.03

I just updated from version 6.02 and have found out that the tides are completely off(date). The dates showing are dated from 2002. I followed what appears to be an older .pdf "Tides and current update procedure". Upon further research I found a current version that states " This update is recommended for TZT systems with v6.02 operating software and lower".

Is there a updated file to use with v 6.03 that I can install? If not are there plans to roll out one in the future?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
chris

Current software is normally always recommended unless there is good reason not to update. 6.03 is the current software for TZT Series one. Based on your symptoms, it sounds like the GPS you are using (connected to your TZT) has occurred GPS rollover. It is that device that need attention to fix the date, not the TZT. What is the model of the GPS unit you are using for the TZT?

Thank You for that quick reply,
The associated position fixing device is a SC-30 version 2051522-01.13

So as you figured the software for the sc 30 seems to be out of date(pun intended).
I looked for a updated software download that I could use in concert with my tzt but I am unsure which one to use. There is a win7 32bit and a USB drivers link. If I am not in the correct spot could you point me to where it would reside?

The other thing is should I be following the .pdf on "updating the sc30 using a tzt mfd"?

Thanks again greatly appreciate it :jump

chris

Thank You for this.
I have located the proper files and installed them on a sd card. when I went to Menu > Initial setup > Update Network Equipment > Launch nothing happens no dialog box like the instructions say.

This is what I am doing.
32 gb SD Card placed into right slot in my mfd.
contents of the card are at the root as follows:
ControlSC30.dll
F_CompSC
SC30Tool
USB_COMF.sys

This is a screenshot of where I am and what state the mfd is in after selecting "launch"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyoex0bbv13i1 ... 5.jpg?dl=0

There are 2 MFD on this vessel and both respond the same way. I will note as per the instructions there is only one unit powered on when performing this action.
Thanks again
chris

The MFD method for a first generation TZ Touch may not be completely straight forward and you might have better success using the PC method. It'll require use of a serial port (USB to Serial Adapters are available online).

Otherwise, you can have the device sent into our Camas, WA Service / Repair center for a software update and we'll do it for you. It should be a relatively quick turn around. Call technical support if you want more details on either method.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Thanks for that Mag...
This unit is on a commercial vessel and sending it in is not an option. That being said I will forward a request so this can be addressed at the next level. I thought I could take care of this on my own but I guess not.

Thanks for all the help
chris

If they run into an issue, give us a call and we'll do our best to offer advise.

- Maggy

You must leave the files in the UPLOADER folder. That is the mistake. The update system is looking for the UPLOADER folder and its' contents but you dug in a little deeper and the UPLOADER folder isn't on the root of the SD card. If you re-setup your program card, it will work.

Back