TZ3 touch questions

hori

Furuno Fan
Hi, I have timezero pro and was wondering if I was to buy a TZT3 would I be able to mark and track on my timezero pro and have those marks and track appear on TZT3 at the same time?

Also I have 588 sounder with 526tid hdd transducer and was wondering is the sounder just as good on the TZT3 as compared to my 588? would I still have bottom discrimination? also if I was to buy scx20 sat compass would the heave compensation work?

thanks

TZ pro and TZT3 would be fully synchronized for points/routes/catches etc for the "TZ pro" main layer. The layers are really a Nobeltec topic, so you might discuss this more with them, but there is the primary layer that is fully synchronized. The other layers that you can make won't be.

The FCV588 question is like asking if chocolate or strawberry ice cream is best. They are pretty different and it depends on exactly what you are trying to do. Like the FCV588 you can have bottom discrimination with select tone based (CW) transducers on the TZT3. The list of the transducers supporting BD will most likely grow as the TZT3 develops. The 526TID-HDD you have with the FCV588 does support BD with the TZT3. (SEE Appendix 2 Transducer list of the TZT3 ops manual) Both units support the advanced features with that transducer so the performance will be roughly the same except using the TZT3 it becomes possible for the Nobeltec to see and control it also.

thank you Johnny,
I was hesitant to consider adding a TZT3 however looking to upgrade radar and the only one I would consider is DRS4nxt. I could run that from my TZ pro pc however I would like redundancy just in case. I am a commercial fisherman. Knowing that I could mark and track strings of fishing gear on my TZ pro pc and be able to have them sync to TZT3 is another redundancy just in case. I am also looking to get a SCX20.

Johnny do you think furuno will eventually add more to TZT series to be close to TZ pro like bottom mapping?

Back