TZ3 9inch and two transducers?

Brokeass Boater

Hey guy's first post, so forgive me if this has been covered. I bought the TZ3 9 inch this June 2023. It's a dedicated FF connected to a B175HW,I have Radar on a older Raymarine 12" and not ready to upgrade that yet. California bottom fishing regs are changing and we'll be fishing past the 50 fathom line part of the year, they reduced our inshore days. I want to run a B175M for those days bottom fishing and the B175HW for offshore runs for Tuna. Is there a way to connect the second Xduce to the TZ3 9 inch. I don't need to run both at the same time, I guess I would say a way to switch back and forth between the HW and the Med xducers. Thanks for any help,,,gregg

Following up my first post, i found that there is a switch box from Airmar, it looks like just what I'll need. I call there tech support to clarify it'll will work with chirp xducers,,,gregg

I would recommend, if switching by hand, or via a switchbox, that you turn of the sounder transmission (to Standby) each time before swapping. You might be okay just staying with your B175HW because it is CHIRP. Airmar's website rates the transducer for as deep as 500ft (83 fathoms). If you try swapping while the sounder is outputting it most likely will damage something during the swap of load/no-load/diffrent load.

Johnny Electron":1y7ejr3w said:
I would recommend, if switching by hand, or via a switchbox, that you turn of the sounder transmission (to Standby) each time before swapping. You might be okay just staying with your B175HW because it is CHIRP. Airmar's website rates the transducer for as deep as 500ft (83 fathoms). If you try swapping while the sounder is outputting it most likely will damage something during the swap of load/no-load/diffrent load.

Thanks for the reply, great point, I'll check with furuno on switching back and forth. The b175 HW works great inshore shallow, but going out to 300-400' along the north coast here in northern Ca. there's not a lot of reefs left that haven't been shut down to fishing thanks to anti's. And they are small so a narrow beam is going to be key,,,gregg

Back