Tz3 - 16 Transducer set up

Hemlock_SF

Hi all, I have seen so many different opinions on this subject matter and I know a lot of them are specific to personal preferences and fishing types. I Just ordered 2 - Tz touch 3 -16" units and now I need to purchase my transducers. what I really want to know is what transducer setup gets the most out of the Tz3 system? Based on my research I think I am going to go with the following

DFF3D
165T-B54
B265LH

Fishing types:
Bottom fishing 200' - 400'
structure fishing 60' to 150'
Trolling for tuna
The bottom Definition is important also

Boat is a 38' Tiara

Thank you in advance for any help on this!

I think what you have planned is good. While one could argue that The B175LHW would give you more bottom coverage on the HF side, you might miss some targets in structure due to the wide beam. You will already have great coverage to locate targets with the DFF3D so going with your plan is exactly what I would do on mine. The B265LH as the first recommended true CHIRP transducer used on the DFF1-UHD is likely to be tuned in for the internal sounder more than most other selections. I wanted to see what others here would tell you but I think you have a well thought out system.

Hi - I have a 38' Pursuit and was wondering if you're able to fit the TZTouch3 16" - 2 of them, specifically, on the helm? I was looking at the dimensions and it doesn't seem it will fit. Could you possibly take a photo?

Also - your setup appears to be perfect for your type of fishing. May want to go with the LHW for the tuna fishing.

38 Tiara and 38 Pursuit (assuming you are talking about the 3800 Express) are very very similar boats--you might say twins, but they're not identical. One of the differences is the dash. The Tiara is flat side to side, the Pursuit is not. The Pursuit has a section on the port side of the dash that is at an angle compared to the rest of the dash, so you're not going to be able to fit the same size screens as the Tiara.

Is it true that the 165T-B54 went from a back order date of 4-29 to 12-15?? Source is the GPS Store, when will these realistically be available?

Hemlock_SF":3q5hcj5a said:
Is it true that the 165T-B54 went from a back order date of 4-29 to 12-15?? Source is the GPS Store, when will these realistically be available?

I wouldn't take what they say as an end-all, be-all truth for all 165T-* transducers. It would be better just to call Furuno or Gemeco directly and ask. In a dynamic situation like this one, availability dates are going to shift around as demand, resources, and product availability also shift around. I would just periodically check in with us, or my dealer or with lots of dealers in your area.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

I have quite similar requirements to what you outlined. I use a B175H and B175L pair of tilted element transducers which is more of less a B265LH in different housings and a DFF-3D with the 165T-B54. It is an excellent setup for that type of fishing. The high frequency will hold bottom in nearly 500 feet and show very good detail for bottom fishing.

One thing I would stress is the importance of the mounting locations. My B54 is right on the keel recessed in a pocket just forward of the stuffing boxes. It will show a clean picture up to about 27 kts. If you have access to a reasonably skilled installer and fibreglass guy, you might want to look into mounting both transducers in pockets on the keel.

Has anyone been able to get there hands on a 165T-B54 in the last 3 months?? This is getting so agrevating to have $15k of equipment sitting in my office and not be able to use it for over 3 months now. I have multiple orders with different vendors and I can’t get answer out of them or Furuno when it’s going to be available.

Because you can't buy directly from Furuno, I wouldn't waste time there. This season will be a challenge getting marine electronics regardless of brand. Airmar products are no diffrent. It is the dealer you should be speaking with. Maybe they buy their transducers only from Gemeco. While posted it here might cause a drain of stock, Furuno USA currently has both the B265LH-12P (which goes direct to the TZT3) and the B265LH designed for the DFF1-UHD in stock. Congrats on the new TZT3 units.