TZ2/TZ3 vs DFF1-UHD

Pthein

Furuno Super Fan
What’s the feature and performance differences between the internal sounders in the TZ2/TZ3 and a DFF1-UHD?

Trying to decide if it’s better to upgrade a TZ2 to a TZ3 and use the internal sounder or install a DFF1-UHD. Both would have the same transducer B275LHW.

My fishing consists of pelagic tuna supplemented with some near shore yellowtail, halibut, salmon etc.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Pthein,
I think you were hoping for a simple answer to a difficult question. The sounder in the TZT2 is strictly CW where the UHD is strictly Chirp. In my humble opinion the UHD wins this battle. Now the sounder in the TZT3 can do both, also it can transmit in the MF band. This makes it more flexible that either the TZT2 or UHD.

So going forward, if you have the TZT2 already I would add the UHD/B-275 combination. If you needed the add capabilities that the TZT3 offers I would lean that way using the B-275.

Hope this helps.

Snips

Snips,

Thank you for the response, In a way your answer helps narrow it down.

Comparing the TZ3 in CHIRP and at 1KW to the UHD what’s the preformance and feature difference for my pelagic application?

Just trying to understand where to best spend the energy...

Phil

Pthein,
So I think your basic question is if the TZT3 Chirp is better than the UHD. Side by side I think it would be hard to tell the two apart. In the comparison testing we did the Gain, TVG and Clutter curves are slightly different but at the end of the day they are pretty darn close.

Snips

Snips...

ya that was basically what I was asking.

Out of curiosity, does one have a faster ping rate?

Does one have more memory and thus a faster processor?

Would you consider them equal when focusing on the top 300' of water when fishing for Bluefin tuna?

I plan to use the B275LHW unless there is another I should consider for my application?

Thanks!!

Phil

Pthein,
I would consider your question about memory and processor speed more MFD related than sounder. To that, TZT3 has the edge.

Snips

Back