TZ iBoat and Satellite Imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

capdave

I'm in the South Pacific now where the charts have multiple deficiencies in many locations, and most people supplement them with satellite imagery. I'm struggling to get useful satellite imagery on my TZT3 MFDs.

I've been told in reply to a previous post: "There have been threads about MM3 and the newer TZMaps. We are not going to rehash all that again. TZT2 and TZT3 don't have the horsepower or memory to manage the new TZ Maps. It just wasn't possible to do. It is possible to use I-boat or run TZT3/TZTXL mixed systems depending on the need".

OK - so I have TZ iBoat on an iPad, with the "French Polynesia - New Caledonia" purchased charts. But the satellite imagery isn't very good; far inferior to what I see my friends experiencing with OpenCPN on Android tablets with MBTiles satellite imagery loaded.

I also have TZ Navigator 4.0 on a Windows laptop - but again the satellite imagery is poor.

What is the solution?

This question was basically asked an answered and getting close to axe grinding which we don't allow. The NavNet units have functions that other mentioned units can't do and what is the solution there for them? If you haven't worked with your own Furuno distributor's official support, you should. Furuno USA is outside that area for sales and service. They are more familiar with their areas and might have suggestions for you. It doesn't sound like there is a solution that is going to give everything you are looking for in one single platform, hence using other tools that work for you is a workable solution. The hardware in the previous series units are not going to change at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back