TZ Cloud vs TZ iboat

DeepSouthTX

Furuno Fan
Does everyone else have a dramatic difference in resolution between the browser tzcoud and the ipad app. I just got a TZT3. The online portion works great. You can use satellite or NOAA charts and they both look normal. But on the ipad there is no chart available at all and the satellite is extremely low resolution. Unusable. See pics. Wondering if its my ipad (just bought a brand new one) or just the way it is. Thank you

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-06-12 114654.jpg
    Annotation 2020-06-12 114654.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 1,060
  • Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 11.49.42 AM (1).jpg
    Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 11.49.42 AM (1).jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 1,060
CBASS, thanks for the reply. I probably should have worded that differently. I saw that charts are available. But the satellite photo for instance is just an overlay of what appears to be google earth. I was looking for that on the ipad. It works great on PC and there is an option for that on the ipad. But it never loads any usable detail on the ipad. Is this something on my end or does the tziboat on the ipad satellite photo option this bad? Thank you.

Deep South TX,

Thanks for your response. What area are you looking for, can you provide some coordinates or send me a PM with a marina that I can use to reference?

Standing by.
C-Bass

CBASS the pics I provided above were south padre island tx. If you notice in the pics I tried to show the approx same area for reference. N26 04.832 W097 11.789 -- Thank you

Good afternoon DeepSouthTX,

I made a couple of inquires with the support team at TZ Pro about your questions concerning TZ iBoat. The info I received from them indicate in order to view Sat. Photos you have to purchase the Chart Region for the area you are looking at. The Sat. overlays come with the Chart Purchase for that region

They also indicated that the Sat. Photos provided with the Chart Purchase do not always have the same resolution as the Sat. Photos you can overlay on TZ icloud. I asked them for a couple of Sat. Photos of your area so you can compare the TZ iBoat photos to the TZ iCloud Photos. Please see below.

Also it would be best to contact their support team directly if you have any further questions about TZ iBoat or TZ iCloud. They would be happy to sort them out. The technician that I spoke also said that you can contact him for further info. Below is an excerpt of our conversation with the TZ iBoat support team. His name is Lucas.

If you want, you can even provide this customer with my name and let them know that they can reach us at 503-579-1414 Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm PST.

TZ iBoat Sat. Photo Below:
TZ iboat Sat Photo.png

TZ iCloud Sat. Photo Below:
TZ iCloud Photo.png

Kind Regards,
C-Bass

Back