TZ BB weather display

Status
Not open for further replies.

trawler guy

On my 8 year old NavNet3D, I could have the Sirius wether overlay on my chart plotter as I cruised, so that I could always know ahead of time if bad weather was coming. On my newly installed TZBB, in order to get Sirius weather, I have to go and select a separate screen. That in it self is a pain, but more so, once I select that screen, I can’t realy use it to navigate... can’t change age “north up” to “head up”. And all my route and tracks are not displayed there either. I am waiting for the TZ-BB2 to be released (hopefully early 2019), and wanted to ask if the the weather feature will be the same as the current TZBB or if Furuno will make the weather feature available as an overlay as it did on the NavNet 3D, which in my opinion made more sense.
Thanks

The TZT2BB will be just like the TZT and TZT2 systems (not the NN3D system) in regards to the NavCenter weather. You can drop points and limited plotters function on the weather screen, but you must go the weather screen to show weather. Any marine warnings issued for your area will alarm regardless of what screen you are on. It was a change from the way NN3D had it. Customers would confuse weather/ais/arpa and all the other things when it was all lumped together. (could get too cluttered) I will pass your message to product development but it is unlikely to be changed back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back