Trying to identify Speed Transducer

Kiwiciccio

Hi All - Looking to identify a through-hull speed transducer. This was installed prior to my purchasing and does not seem to be attached to any instruments. Tracing the cable is in progress hence I have no picture of the connector.

I noticed that the cable has Furuno stamped on it with the code 2250022

Suspect it might have been attached to my FCV295 at some point prior to my ownership but not 100% sure.

Any wisdom from forum members much appreciated. I'm looking to inject STW reading into my NMEA2000 system and hoping I can either reuse the existing transducer or replace it with a newer/compatible insert.

TIA.

sensor.jpg

It could be an old temp and speed thru water sensor. What does the connector look like at the end of the cable? 6-pin? It could have been the water temp source to your FCV295.

Traced wire. Plug has been cut unfortunately but confirmed black, white, yellow and green wires, and a shield. One option is to purchase 6 pin extension cable, splice it on and then run STW feed on NMEA0183 from FCV295 to my raymarine axiom?

Otherwise it looks like these are Airmar P17 transducers so should be able to replace existing transducer with a NMEA2000 one?

Any advice appreciated

It also could be a NMEA 0183 smart transducer. Are there no Airmar labels on the cable that you can pull a number from?

Back