Trouble with combo Transducer

Simonsez

I have an all new Furuno electronics package, 4 TZT 16's, 1 TZT 12, DFF3D, DIFFAMP, DRS12NXT and Nav 711c. The Transducer is a 165T-PM542LM combo unit pocket mounted in the keel. The DFF3D Multi Sounder works great, no issues finding and keeping bottom. I also have a B75H installed that works fine. I cannot get the 542LM side to find bottom. No matter what frequency I use, or settings i try I still can't get it to find bottom. I am certainly not an expert user but have a pretty good working knowledge of how this stuff works. I also have only had 2 days on the water with it. I called tech support when I first brought the boat back to the dock because it would not find bottom in 8 feet of water. They told me there is too little depth and too much power for it to find bottom at the dock but I was in 200 feet today without it connecting to bottom while drifting. Seems weird to me. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

First off it sounds like my dream system so Kudos for that. :jump
So to understand this better, you have the DFF3D using the combo transducer with the 542LM part connected to the DI amp? Then you have another internal sounder running the B75H. Correct? The DFF3D and Internal sounder with B75H are working well. The other internal sounder with DI box is not. Correct.

Johnny Electron":1dweoqkp said:
First off it sounds like my dream system so Kudos for that. :jump
So to understand this better, you have the DFF3D using the combo transducer with the 542LM part connected to the DI amp? Then you have another internal sounder running the B75H. Correct? The DFF3D and Internal sounder with B75H is working well. The other internal sounder with DI box is not. Correct.

That is correct, B75 connected direct to the TZT3, 542 connected through the amp.

And yes, the system is pretty slick, I have 3 16's across the dash, 1 TZT12 in the tower and a 16 in the cockpit.

It would be cool to see photos of your system sometime. Can you get some screen shots of the transducer setup of the DI box? Shots of the wiring inside the DI box and wiring between the DI and the TZT3? I am sure we can figure it out.

I will get you pics of the setup tomorrow, but I need to let my installers get their work done first before taking the diamp apart for pics. I will get some pics of the setup pages and post them up. I bet it is user error on my part but we'll see. Thanks for the replies

Back