Trasducer for my 295

A

Anonymous

Hello everyone I have a Furuno FCV 295. I currently have a 50b - 9b probe , I would like to have more power to see fish such as grouper and deep eyes at high altitude about 700m .
which probe can be installed between
Furuno CA50F - 24H 3KW
Furuno CA50BL - 24HR 3 Kw
Furuno CA50BL - 12Hr , 2Kw

Alex1977,
All three transducers you listed will work.
However I would lean toward the CA50BL-24HR for three reasons. First the BL series is 30% more efficient than the F series, second it has a 10Khz band width and third is that the 24HR has a narrower beam width than the 12HR. Hope this information helps.

Snips

So are you suggesting the Furuno CA50BL - 24HR 3 Kw can you tell me if you really will see the fish at about 700m ? You have some deep screens ?

Alex1977,
Sorry but I don't.
Grouper is not native in this area and our local testing waters only range down to 350m. Here in the US, the regions where they target Grouper tend to be shallower. One of the techniques besides looking for the fish is trying to find the habitat they like to live on i.e. soft, hard, mud, rocks. Of the three transducers you listed I would again lean towards the CA50BL-24HR as the best option for bottom typing in deeper water.

Snips

Alex1977,
Yes, I can imagine there would be a debate about what frequency and sounder settings work the best also. I can offer my thoughts but I have always found that local knowledge is the best resource. What are the vessels next to you using? If there are ten vessels and three are using 28, four are using 38 and the other three 50Khz. Then it seems frequency may not be all that important.

Snips

Ok so the tips Furuno CA50BL - 24HR pre see the fish to 600 / 700m

Back