Transducer options TZT2

James.S

Hi,
I have a centre console running 2 x TZT12f's, DFF3D, TM54. My problem is that the boat had a SS264W 200/20. There is nothing i can find to replace this that works directly with the TZT and connecting it directly to the TZT on a HF setting only does not deliver great results. So my thoughts were to add the SS264W 50/20 & pig-tailing the pair and run them through a DFF1. Will this give better results? or is there another option for 95 mm (3 3/4”) hole size ?
TIA - James

Normally Airmar would have the single freq SS264W-200/20 go into a 50Khz unit (like SS264W-50/20) and it would have the needed diplexer and matching done to then connect to the main sounder unit. You can think of it as a daisy chain (which it sort of is). It isn't normal to take a single freq transducer direct into a dual freq sounder. I can't say if it isn't working well because you don't have an Airmar matching box in place rather than the other transducer or if the transducer itself is also a problem. While the DFF1 has more circuits the internal sounder of the TZT2 is very close. I think if you going to add the 50khz unit, I would try it with the TZT2 before adding the DFF1 unless you have one sitting around. I think the largest issue right now is the transducer is not really matched correctly.

Hi Johnny
Thanks for the reply.
In that case what are my best options still re-using the 3 3/4" hole. I don't mind purchasing DFF1 or BBDS1 if need be if it opens up the options on xducers. Most of the fishing is in less than 200'
THanks

I think DeepBlue would be the best to chime in here on what he thinks. That is really shallow for the most part.

Back