Transducer compatibility

inkaporka

G'day all - I have a Furuno GP-1850DF sounder plotter fitted to my boat, and recently purchased a Furuno FCV-587 fishfinder sounder as the screen on the dated GP-1850DF unit is quite small, my intention was to just use the GP-1850 in plotter mode and use the FCV-587 with superior screen size and resolution to find fish. I have just plugged the transducer cable from the 1850 in to the 587, but notice that occasionally there are some strange readings on the sounder screen, and speed seems to cause interference. My question is regarding the compatibility of the transducer between these two units, the transducer is a bronze thru-hull unit, not sure of any model identification but perhaps there's some knowledge out there re the transducers that would have commonly been fitted to Grady White boats (190 Escape) back then. The GP-1850DF is around 2000-2001 vintage, the FCV-587 is about 4 years old. I would prefer not to have to fit an additional transducer if possible. Over to you and thanks. :respect

Inkaporka,
Both sounders could use the same range of transducers. Without seeing any screen shots it is hard to say what is going on. However the 587 is a better sounder than the 1850 so whatever you are seeing the 587 may have always been there but the 1850 didn't display it.

Snips

Thanks for that Snips, good to know there shouldn’t be any need to change transducers - I wonder if there is some kind of electronic “noise” affecting the display, although I haven’t fitted any addition equipment to the boat?

Yep will do - probably get the boat out next week if the weather here improves, windy as right now. Cheers!

According to Airmar it seems it s a B744V, so I am told it will be compatible with the GP-1971F, but wont be fully functional - CHIRP etc.
Thanks for your help one and all, very much appreciated.

Back