time zero with 38BL 15HR 3 KW & DI-FFAMP with TECAB

GUNNIN

volunteered to help a friend who cant workout how to map bottom contours in very deep water, using the above transducer and black box.

he usually uses his 3d setup (DFF-3D) to monitor bottom but that packs it in at about 300m.

1st of many questions;

Am i in the right room?

Mark

Yes, you are in the correct forum topic area.

The DFF3D stated range is roughly 300 meters (980ft) but we see most installs get a hair over 1000ft. Anything deeper you need a lower freq.

If your friend has the TZT3 with DI amp and 38khz transducer; that would go nice and deep. While we don't conduct TimeZero PC support here, if he has the right licences with PBG with that software it should be able to use the TZT3 sounder to conduct deep PBG with the single beam 38 Khz. I would bet C-bass or or deepblue would know. Has he tried it?

Transducers don't hook up to TimeZero...

If he has a sounder working with that transducer and accessories, then the sounder can send that depth data (via ethernet, nmea, etc...) to Time Zero Professional with PBG module. The sounder would be either a Furuno MFD or standalone sounder that is compatible with the transducer and amp.

Johnny & JP here is a more detailed list of the soft & hardware.
Yes Johnny i believe all legit and licenced.

Navnet TZTouch 3 12” MFD Master
Navnet TZTouch 2 15.6” MFD Slave
Furuno SCX-20 Satelite Compass NMEA2000
Furuno 38BL 15HR 38Khz 3kW Rubber Transducer
SS175H-W-20 deg
DI-FFAMP 3kW true echo chirp amp box
DDF-3D multi beam network sounder box
165T-CM54 pocket or keel mount Trans with motion sensor for DFF3D
Wide Navionics Vector Chart, 3D data, Sat pictures -Australia East coast
Actisense NGT-1-USB NMEA 2000 USB interface
FI 5002 junction box
Compact generic network switch 8 port 12V/24V
Time Zero Pro chart plotting software
Time Zero Pro Bath Generator
Time Zero Furuno sounder module
Time Zero Furuno DFF-3D network sounder module
There's also a laptop in the mix.
Also Furuno radar & Auto pilot was already installed onto the TZT 2 slave before all rest of above was installed last year

Has he tried it?
Yes. To quote his own words;

"Scx20 sat compass, It all runs through the Diffamp networked.
2 screens. TZ3 master TZ2 slave. On my laptop is the time zero.
So when the Furuno Tech set it up all I have to do was click on the single instead of multi and it is supposed to go from the 3D tranny to the 3kw. The Furuno tech has set it all up and logs into my system. I just don't understand it to be honest. It works fine up to 300 m in 3D. I just want to be able to map in deep water."

Guys i think my friend just needs some guidance with the next step of how to use the single beam 3kw 38khz to map the bottom. I dont think there are any actual malfunctions of equipment.

Im also looking fwd to understanding this subject more, I also wish to map the deep to find better deep drop grounds, after I upgrade my Navnet 3D 12" DFF1 B260 of course.

Mark

Johnny Electron":v457fhnq said:
Yes, you are in the correct forum topic area.

The DFF3D stated range is roughly 300 meters (980ft) but we see most installs get a hair over 1000ft. Anything deeper you need a lower freq.

If your friend has the TZT3 with DI amp and 38khz transducer; that would go nice and deep. While we don't conduct TimeZero PC support here, if he has the right licences with PBG with that software it should be able to use the TZT3 sounder to conduct deep PBG with the single beam 38 Khz. I would bet C-bass or or deepblue would know. Has he tried it?

jp498":2ts63ajh said:
Transducers don't hook up to TimeZero

Thanks JB yeh we get that. I posted the full list of gear in reply to Johnny. he seems to have all the equipment you mentioned, just needs some guidance as to how to use it effectivly.

Mark

Many dealers will provide on boat training for a fee. I would recommend he work with his dealer to get the training he is looking for.

Indeed if a dealer is able to be hired and an hour or two he could learn quite a bit about operating it.

My experience is that Time Zero doesn't operate a single beam and dff3d at the same time. Put the dff3d black box on it's own power switch / breaker and turn it off when in deep water where the single beam system would be preferable.

THe b260 on 50khz you have will operate pretty deep as well. You're ahead of most people with that. You need 4x power to go twice the distance, so the 3kw power won't necessarily go twice as far... A bigger transducer might have more transducer elements in it which would add gain (range) in addition/seperate from the power calculation.

Back